Done..

Re: War Machine 2/Iron Patriot WIP

subbed. i love that "pepsi" color scheme. definately looking forward to the quality of this build. :D

OK so more updates :)

First pic is the backplate on the printer full of support.

Next pic is the 3 pieces so far, with the support cleaned off the backplate, ready to start working on.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Are the 3d files up for grabs at all? would be willing to pay for the files? If not i understand. BTW amazing work!

Looking great man. I know this will be as good as your Mark VIII helmet so I might have to jump on this one as well.

So I got an email today, the main part of the helmet is in the mail :) so ill have the full helmet to work on soon :)

Ok so I got the main part of the helmet :) the print looks good... so now I have all the pieces and starting to finish it up.

Should be mastered and ready to mold next week. Its going to be a 4 piece helmet by the way.

photo2.png
photo1.png
photo3.png

Here it is next to the MarkVIII helmet I run right now...

photo5.png

And the colours it can be once its all done :)

untitled192.png

In your junkyard thread you said that it was printed from two sources, your printer and from Shapeways. I'm curious what the reason for that decision was? By that I mean, is it something like not being happy with how your printer is handling your high poly model compared to Shapeways, or is there some other reason?

Yeah the reason for this is because the main part of the helmet was too big to print at home, easier to get it done at shapeways.

In your junkyard thread you said that it was printed from two sources, your printer and from Shapeways. I'm curious what the reason for that decision was? By that I mean, is it something like not being happy with how your printer is handling your high poly model compared to Shapeways, or is there some other reason?

Yeah I hear ya. This "quick" render still took me about an hour of setup to make sure all the colors were in the right spots. ha so much for not spending too much time on it. lol
1.png[/IMG]

untitled196.jpg

:)

Mr Bimmer, do you mind if I use this photo as a cover photo on facebook? :thumbsup

Thought you told me in a pm that you and your brother don't use cnc lol.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back