DONE! TOS BSG - Laser Turrets Replica

Re: TOS BSG - Laser Turrets Replica

Quick progress update. Got the stripes on and first round of basic weathering. Next is to weather the strips and a bit more dirtying up.

Thanks George! Unfortunately, I can't make WF this year, work got in my way this time. Next year for sure though!!

-Sean

Oh yeah, that's looking the duck's guts now Sean. That must have been a nightmare masking over all those railgun parts? Too many Leopolds lying around? Wish I had that problem!:D

Mike

Just GORGEOUS Sean !!!!:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Damn shame you can't make it to WONDERFEST
as I would have begged on you to BRING that
so we could drool properly in person !

:lol

Extremely cool!

I always wondered--does this even vaguely match up to anything on the surface of the galactica model?

Extremely cool!

I always wondered--does this even vaguely match up to anything on the surface of the galactica model?

Nope, but I've always thought that it was supposed to represent guns in the landing bay side and head side trenches.

I just love the little railings on the lower cannon; they really give a sense of scale. Too cool.:cool

Mike

Well, it's finally done! Got her all weathered up as close as I could to the final filming miniature. The upper and lower turrets do rotate in any position manually. This was such a fun project (and HUGE), it's pretty cool to imagine them filming this model and how real they made it look!
Thanks for looking!
-Sean
attachment.php

Outstanding work once again, Sean. That really is a cool piece and something a little different thats for sure. Your pictures really do highlight how good a job you did with it.

Looks fantastic!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back