Dollar Store Iron Man Arc Reactor Contest

As far as I understand it, the contest is open to all comers until it closes on July 25th and the voting starts. I don't see anything in the rules that says anything about deadline for joining, only a deadline for submitting.

Shylaah

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting my items put together!!! This is going to be awesome! I just found a spool of copper wiring for 2.99 muahahhahhaha.

I went to my dollar tree, the only dollar store within 10 miles of my house, it's like walmart the dollar edition, but the only electronics they had were star and circle shaped, yellow, and the size of a basket ball in circumference. T.T now I have to get to the Federal Hwy to find a dollar store. X3

Jackpot! After a couple trips to the local Dollar General and Dollar Tree, I decided to take a drive to the other side of the tracks. I found the four items that I had been looking for at $1 each and a monster ice cream sandwich. $5.41 including the ice cream.

Brian

Jackpot! After a couple trips to the local Dollar General and Dollar Tree, I decided to take a drive to the other side of the tracks. I found the four items that I had been looking for at $1 each and a monster ice cream sandwich. $5.41 including the ice cream.

Brian

Sweet got what ya needed and a snack.

I would like to take this moment to thank you guys for fueling my imagination and creativity. The following photos are of a arc reactor that will "NOT" be in the contest. I just wanted to show what I was able to do with several mini glue sticks, a few led lights, parts from an old VCR, a mini clip light and a blue plastic holder from the left over crap from my entry. I must admit that this one looks way better than my entry, however it does not meet the requirements of the contest. It seems that after my first entry I got to fooling around with some spare junk and this is what I came up with...... Enjoy.
arcreactor1and2.png

Do we have an update list of the "prizes"? I know I donated a full set of my Iron Man paper props.

Anyone else donate anything?

I've become so bored waiting for this contest to finally end soo i picked up another project to keep me busy, just check out the dark knight ferry detonator thread.

I can't wait to submit my RT and see everyone else's build aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ended up building a "junk" steam punk version that would not qualify.

P6150062.jpg

More details in my Junk steampunk topic.

Enjoy and good luck everyone with the competition.

Dave

Ended up building a "junk" steam punk version that would not qualify.

P6150062.jpg

More details in my Junk steampunk topic.

Enjoy and good luck everyone with the competition.

Dave

Just want to say I like this design. Good job recreating the light-pattern without the use of a ring element. Nice twist on the concept.

Thanks, saw the bits at work in my junk pile and just had to build it. The one i tried to do within the rules failed pretty bad. There was a sever shortage decent pound shops locally :(

Good luck with the builds

Dave

I have a dismantled stepper motor from a dot matrix printer sitting in my drawer. I was planning on using it to build a cnc machine, but it looks perfect for this. Would it count, or do I have to stick with the dollar store purchased guidelines?

Seems to me that found items should not be allowed to be used. I'm sure everyone here has all sorts of bits in their parts box that they'd love to use. The challenge here is to source the materials only at the dollar store or equivalent.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back