Dog Handler Pred

sabres21768

Here's something interesting I just noticed about the Dog Handler Pred...

Those are actually holes on the sides of its mask.
I thought they were just indentations, but didn't go all the way through.

But, you can see the Pred's skin through those holes in this pic.

Dog_pred_.jpg

No skin indeed, just a recessed part of his mask with texture.

Edit:

When you look at the right photo in the first picture, you'll see two highlights on the ridges that surround the "holes". If it were to have an actual hole in it, the highlights that would be on the inside wouldn't be this clear, but rather a fade out since there isn't anything on which it could curve towards the photographer.

No skin indeed, just a recessed part of his mask with texture.

Edit:

When you look at the right photo in the first picture, you'll see two highlights on the ridges that surround the "holes". If it were to have an actual hole in it, the highlights that would be on the inside wouldn't be this clear, but rather a fade out since there isn't anything on which it could curve towards the photographer.

what are you talking about? of course it could. they are almost facing directly at the lens.

what are you talking about? of course it could. they are almost facing directly at the lens.

I'll look for a way to illustrate later. All I'm saying is that the inside of the ridges, along the so called holes, shouldn't have that much high-light, and just the outside edges would stand out this much, IF the holes actually were holes.

if not, there is a gradient between ridge and cheek surface that would catch light like it does on the first pic on the right. Ergo: there are no holes. Vis-a-vis, concordantly.

i dunno that first pic the right side of the mask does have a hole i zoomed into it as far as i can go and it matches the skin not the bio. But the left side doesnt look like it does. Could it be a removeable vent piece since it is a half mask under the bio.

I actually suspected as much when I was sculpting it, but I figured that unless you were actually displaying it on a mask, it would look pretty stupid. Great pic though, wish I'd had it when I was sculpting it!

deffinately chief no way around that completely different color than the bio and beside why in gods name would they put skin texture on the bio it just matches up too perfectly for it too be an accident

They're holes, for sure.

I've got a 1080p LED monitor and I've zoomed in as close as possible.

It's skin in those holes...not mask.

There's skin texture and spotting that matches the rest of the head.

It does look like at least the to bottom holes are cut all the way through. This has me looking at mine asking myself "should I cut out some of the hole? I don't know how it would look, but the bio is for xdmray's half mask and I need to see if the mask will cover the holes or not.

Hez: Do you think your bio would break at the lower parts if the hole was cut out? I just don't know if it would hold up or not with the hole being cut out.

It will hold up just fine Doug. Even the largest hole is still at least an inch from the bottom of the bio, and has the tusk in between it. If you were to drop it then it will be easier to break though, so just don't drop it.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back