Does anyone know the measurements of the LOST countdown clock?

replicaprops

Official Licensee
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been trying to find something for a frame of reference on the size of the metal enclosure, but keep coming up blank. Would appreciate any knowledge you may have. The only reference is that ceiling mounted spot light, but I can't be sure of it's size either.

Attachments

• 30383_original.jpg
    30383_original.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 7,984
  • Countdown-destroyed.png
    Countdown-destroyed.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 448
I thought of making a replica, but couldn't find a way to do the flip numbers. I decided if I could find flip numbers that would work.....I would scale the device to fit the numbers.

I thought of making a replica, but couldn't find a way to do the flip numbers. I decided if I could find flip numbers that would work.....I would scale the device to fit the numbers.
I've also been designing a way to flip the numbers. I started to design it in CAD, but realized I was just making up the size as I was going, and before I go too far, I should probably figure out the measurements

Countdown-destroyed2.png

If these are wood beams, the smaller should be 8 inches and the bigger one likely 16 or 18 inches.

I actually own the original art dept design diagram for the countdown clock. The original dimensions were specified as follows:

W: 21 5/8"
H: 10 3/8"
D (bottom): 8 5/16"
D (top): 3 1/4"

The design of the countdown clock actually changed before the build due to a change in the story, the mechanical requirements of the clock mechanism itself and changes in how it was to be mounted to the set construction. The original design called for a 6-digit clock (HH:MM:SS), but this was changed during the build as the 5-digit MMM:SS format was adopted instead. This means the original specs called for three 2-digit windows in the front of the clock, and what was actually built was a two-window design instead (MMM:SS). As well, it was originally to have an angled rear surface and be mounted on the ceiling, but ended up being mounted to a vertical set wall, so the depth dimensions changed to accommodate the new location. No additional design drawings were made at the time, so the original spec diagram is all that exists. H and W remained unchanged.

The dimensions of the clock windows were as follows: 5 5/8" (H) x 5 7/8" (W). Distance from top edge of box: 1 9/16", from bottom: 3 1/16". Distance from left side: 1 3/16". Distance from right side: 1 1/4". Note the distances from R/L side may have changed in the build. Note the original design also called for the box to be painted flat black; this changed as well in the final build. If anyone finds an exact replica anywhere, I'd love to know about it. I've edited this post to attach a pic of the diagram for your reference.

Attachments

• LOST Swan Countdown Clock Diagram5a.jpg
    LOST Swan Countdown Clock Diagram5a.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Can't help with dimensions, but thought this was interesting.
Bit late to this party, but they're wrong :) Those hieroglyphs actually represent the causative verb 'die'.

The hieroglyphs transliterate into: swDA (pronounced something like 'seh-wej-ah')

So it's some kind of death clock:
aDuk15.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back