Does anyone know the correct size O ring for a Maul saber

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. Just checking here to see if someone could make my life a little easier before I tried out a whole bunch of sizes.

Thanks
Dan

I don't know if MR-derived info would be helpful, but just in case: based on trying to replace the central ring on mine this evening it looks like its original rings would between a #17 and #18 (1 1/16" OD x 7/8" ID x3/32" and 1 3/16" OD x 15/16" ID x1/8", respectively).

The center groove is about 2.5mm wide so the #17 ring doesn't quite fill it and has a bit of play, but the #18 rides on top of the groove and is too tall.

That's the best I've got.

Last edited:
That's assuming it's an actual ring and not a fabricated part on the MR. I don't know how they made it, but MR's could be done either way.

Would European sizes be different? (or imperial, if MR's happened to be European or Asian)

I'm actually staring at a parts database right now that has 16 different spec normal O-Rings as well as categories for Axial External Pressure, Axial Internal Pressure, Backup RIngs, Radial External, and Radial Internal with 7-20 different spec styles inside of it.

I haven't looked at sizes of each, but suffice it to say, there's a bunch to choose from. And that's just what this application lists. I'm sure it's far from complete.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back