Does Anyone Know How The Predator's Armor Stays On?

icyone

I thought this forum would be the perfect place to ask this since it is a costuming site.

Does anyone know how the P1 Predator's armor stays on? What is it attached to? Specifically the right shoulder guard (the one without the plasma caster), the codpiece, and the thigh armor.

The right shoulder armor looks like it is attached directly to his skin. (Maybe because the image is an action figure though)

Here is an example of what I mean.

Thanks

p1 questions.jpg

do you mean this in context to the fantasy world of the film ..or like how it was actually attached by the FX team?

I think the P1 movie suit was all latex and the armor pieces were sculpted on the skin before it was cast.

Anyone else notice that hands are different. Pred's left hand has a deeper split in between the two fingers as the right doesn't.

As per the suit being built at Stan's, that piece of armor was actually sculpted into the suit ..the backpack was velcroed on., etc As for the fantasy world ..who knows man? ..its a movie

Per fantasy world, I'm gonna have to go with the following standby glue recipe:

3 oz.Witches Breath (Good luck keeping that **** in the flask)
2 oz Fairy Wings (They scream when you cut off their wings, so make sure you have your headset on to drown out the noise. Whiney little bitches)
1 oz Troll's Foot (Stinks like hell, but damn is it the shiz for glue)

Mix until you give a ****... ;)

Per fantasy world, I'm gonna have to go with the following standby glue recipe:

3 oz.Witches Breath (Good luck keeping that **** in the flask)
2 oz Fairy Wings (They scream when you cut off their wings, so make sure you have your headset on to drown out the noise. Whiney little bitches)
1 oz Troll's Foot (Stinks like hell, but damn is it the shiz for glue)

Mix until you give a ****... ;)

Bahaha xD

I'm going to have to go with the standard fangirl answer of 'magic or failing that, Velcro'. The two components that hold the universe together. :)

Well, we can only guess how the armorparts would hold together in real life on the predators body. :)
For the right shoulder pad... I have not the slightest idea. Vacuum? I guess the bio can be attached by a form of vaccum too, maybe the hoses arent just for breathing air etc. Maybe the bio sucks on to the forehead but leave room to breath... if thats even possible.
The shoulder armor and chest plate you clearly see how they are attached, the same with the belt and cod piece (the cod piece is attached to the belt by a leather piece). The leg armor though... to stay on so close to the body without flapping around is a miracle. I say glue on that. Or maybe vacuum there too? There is a little round flat piece at the end of the leg armor that could be used as a suction cup.
Guesses and guesses...

:p

Well, we can only guess how the armorparts would hold together in real life on the predators body. :)
For the right shoulder pad... I have not the slightest idea. Vacuum? I guess the bio can be attached by a form of vaccum too, maybe the hoses arent just for breathing air etc. Maybe the bio sucks on to the forehead but leave room to breath... if thats even possible.
The shoulder armor and chest plate you clearly see how they are attached, the same with the belt and cod piece (the cod piece is attached to the belt by a leather piece). The leg armor though... to stay on so close to the body without flapping around is a miracle. I say glue on that. Or maybe vacuum there too? There is a little round flat piece at the end of the leg armor that could be used as a suction cup.
Guesses and guesses...

:p

I could see a vacuum as a means to hold the bio on. In Predator 2, P2 needs the re-breather once he loses his bio so having a bio that is air tight would help keep the specific air he needs in his bio.

As for the leg armor, it could also be a type of organic armor where it attaches to the leg. Other then that, I have no clue. I think the P1 is the only predator that leaves us guessing with how his armor stays on in certain spots.

The bio is definitely "vacuumed" on. When City Hunter and Anytime take off their bios they need to disconnect the air tubes and then there is a "pop" noise, like a suction cup being lifted.

A number of the P2 Lost Hunters have shoulder bells with no chest armor to attach it to. Just shoulder bells magically stuck to their arms. Doesn't make sense in a practical "real world environment".

In the Predator world I could see them having body piercings with rings or clips that the armor would attach to. They don't seem to have a problem using a spring loaded clamp to close up open wounds.

After extensive research and much investigation I have come to the conclusion that everything is attached in a way that it cannot move, shift, or come off until it needs to--
Predator Snot!!!! Buwahhaahahahha!!!!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back