Does anyone have any Mad Max replicas?

Well, I was contemplating doing the car in my sig as an interceptor, it's the same model as Max's. The problem is, Falcon coupe's are getting pretty rare and if a coupe fan saw me in it, I'd probably get shot for modifying it. :confused

Cheers,

Kraig

God I love this movie. If you check around, especially on sites dealing with replica Interceptors (and there are several) or ebay, you can usually find the insignia on the cop cars in the first film (the police logo). Usually they're magnetic and can be slapped on any car. Search ebay under Mad Max Interceptor. The paper props thread also has the Dinky Dee (?) dog food label. Some people have bought the dog from the Road Warrior, though I'm more of a cat person myself.

Mad Max also has a Mauser in the third film (gives it up in Bartertown) but frankly, I prefer to imagine that film never existed.

I've done a Vinyl decal of the shield/badge thingy (with the wings on top of it). I've got pics of it at home and can post them tonight, if anyone is interested. I've cut it in gold metallic vinyl, so it has a nice "metal" look to it. I originally did them so people could apply them to their cars, though they could be put on just about anything. :D

J

Bought it a few years back from old RPFer Angriest Angel. Don't think he's here anymore. I know other folks got them from other sources.

<div class='quotetop'>(Probe Droid @ Jun 13 2006, 12:27 PM) [snapback]1260962[/snapback]</div>
Dinki-Di for dinner, baby.
[IMAGE]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4130/dinkidi1small5gy.jpg[/IMAGE]
[/b]

Seeing that replica can brings to mind the scene where Max eats a big ole spoonfull of Dinki-Di (gaggg).

<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Jun 13 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1260941[/snapback]</div>
As I recall, there's supposed to be a sawed off shotgun replica (airsoft I believe) available somewhere.
[/b]
Japanese model gun company Hudson made one. IIRC, it was called the "Mad Max Combat Gun" and was a blank firer.

I got my labels from AngriestAngel as well but I haven't seen him around for a long time.
If I'm not mistaken, he's a part of the Hangar18 group so maybe you could drop one of the other members a line?
/P
<div class='quotetop'>(Probe Droid @ Jun 13 2006, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1261026[/snapback]</div>
Bought it a few years back from old RPFer Angriest Angel. Don't think he's here anymore. I know other folks got them from other sources.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(SL3844 @ Jun 14 2006, 03:58 AM) [snapback]1261161[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(joatrash @ Jun 13 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1260941[/snapback]
As I recall, there's supposed to be a sawed off shotgun replica (airsoft I believe) available somewhere.[/b]
Japanese model gun company Hudson made one. IIRC, it was called the "Mad Max Combat Gun" and was a blank firer.[/b][/quote]
Hudson made a couple of different versions of Max's sawed-off shotgun. One was a blank firer, the other fired plastic BBs. One has silver plates on the side (as seen in Mad Max) and the other has black plates (as seen in Mad Max 2 aka The Road Warrior). There are also upgrade parts available, including real wood stock and foregrips (from Hudson) and a real metal barrel (from an aftermarket manufacturer).

Here's what the Hudson looks like:

Model Guns Co. UK: Mad Max Shotgun

<div class='quotetop'>(Great_Bizarro @ Jun 14 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]1261536[/snapback]</div>
Was it ever determined what was the closest jacket to screen used?[/b]
A Japanese company called "M.F.P. Clothing Branch" makes Max jackets from both of the first films, plus "the Bronze" (in your choice of resin, bronze, or sterling silver), a Goose jacket, and other accessories (e.g., Max's shoulder guard from Mad Max 2). Their stuff looks really nice, but some of it is long sold out. Here's the link (click on the button in the upper right for English):

M.F.P. Clothing Branch

I got these :

maxbadges.jpg

Their metal. Got em on ebay from a guy in Japan.

Theres also a MFP button, but I didn't snap a picture of it.

Id love to get the shotgun.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back