Doctor Who: New Series Cyberman

I've had to suspend this one for a while, but it's definitely going to get finished eventually. I did just do a test of resin on foam exercise mats and was pretty disappointed with the results. However, I think it might be a useful option for people with a different goal in mind. It did an excellent job of sealing the foam, and it smoothed out the surface like glass. It did nothing to harden the foam though, which might make it an even better solution for sealing flexible foam armor than what's currently being used. The effect might be different depending on the exact foam used, so I'd recommend a test on any foam you plan on using, but the stuff from home depot worked. Now I'm on to a test with actual fiberglass cloth to see if that will do the trick.

Never thought about fiberglass cloth with foam. Interested in how this works out. I have been using the cloth with smooth cast plastics for my pepakura build and quite happy with it so far.

I have a foam build I am working on when my cyberman stuff is drying, etc. I plan on going to plasti-dip route for now since it is not for me, and I am trying to work on a deadline. If you find a way to harden the foam, I will try it out on this build if I am not done yet. I am sure it can be useful for any build if it worked.

Hmm, maybe plasti-dip and fiberglass cloth? I may have to play with it in the future and see how that combo works.

The cloth didn't help, either, still soft. I ended up plasti-dipping the piece I'm working on and the surface ended up similar to sand, even after several coats. At this point I'm of the mind that EVA foam is the worst material ever.

One of my friends wanted me to take one of my pep'd pieces and use a bed liner to see if it would work better then the fiberglass. I am hesitant to because I am making good progress. I don't know if it will work with foam or anything else to be honest I just know it is super strong. Not sure if it is rigid though? I know it comes in a smooth or a sand paper like finish.

I'm looking for a picture of the inside of the voice changer circuit board. There are two yellow wires and a red and black wires. I know where the yellow wires go but the red and black came off and don't know we're they were soldered to. Any help?

I can't remember anymore. What I can say is that I know basic electronics, and taking apart the helmet damaged the circuit board somehow, and I can't figure out why. It seems like a lot of helmets had fragile electronics, because a lot of the ones I saw for sale at the time were broken.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back