Doctor Who - Letter

Perhaps this enhancement helps. I believe the address is:

Mr & Mrs Pond
17 Twigworth Road
Leadworth
Gloucestershire

Last edited:
I'd still say it was 27 but Twigworth looks pretty good. The Baroda label is a special delivery sticker not a signed for, should be silver, but it seems to be missing Royal Mail in the top left.
Cheerio.

I'm straining my eyes (and using an unsharp filter) and that first digit is definitely a 1. The next could be a 7 or a 2, and the more I stare at it the more I'm not sure.

It's probably said elsewhere in this thread, but for ease of keeping things together..
Stamps so for identified: 1st Class (gold), 1st Class Recorded delivery (red), 2nd Class (blue), 16p (grey), Sputnik
The top left is definitely some sort of special delivery label that's been altered, but I can't find a match. It looks to me like a new barcode has been stuck on top.
That leaves the three smaller stamps to identify.

Of course, that's assuming the stamps are the same on all envelopes. After all River's was sent to the future, Canton's to America and the Doctor's to.... who knows?

river's are definitely different
View attachment 52742
I could certainly be corrected on this just got a better res picture, not much but the difference is there I'd go with seventeen now (see below).:unsure

Last edited:
Other than playing to fan recognition or Amy just being that "modern" shouldn't the name on hers be Mr and Mrs/Ms Rory Williams?

Or is it just that the Doctor is ignoring Rory as he seems to do so many other male companions... At least Mickey made good.

Other than playing to fan recognition or Amy just being that "modern" shouldn't the name on hers be Mr and Mrs/Ms Rory Williams?

Or is it just that the Doctor is ignoring Rory as he seems to do so many other male companions... At least Mickey made good.
Nope, the Dr referred to Rory as "Mr Pond" at the wedding, and Rory agreed that was the case!:lol

Best yet. I'm going back to my first guess of "17".

FWIW...I noticed that the label in the upper right hand corner is a little different than the one that Carl (I think) originally guessed at.

Are there different colored versions? Or could it be completely different?

The one in the upper left of the picture? i think is the one you mean.
it should be a special delivery (silver) not a signed for sticker (white), but it looks like they just mocked one up as it doesn't have the royal mail text on it like it should.

The one in the upper left of the picture? i think is the one you mean.
it should be a special delivery (silver) not a signed for sticker (white), but it looks like they just mocked one up as it doesn't have the royal mail text on it like it should.

That's the one I meant. I don't live in the UK so I'm unfamiliar with the postal stamps there.

Need to make a stand alone image of the properly positioned rubber stamps, so we can run the envelope through the printer after the stamps have been affixed.

Hey so I think one of these is also one of the stamps, its the blue one and looks like a windmill, so here is what I managed to find on my searches and hope they help.
5823-windmill-blue112.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back