Doctor Who 12th Doctor Paul Smith 'Listen' Jumper. Actual Jumper/Sweater Images.

Tommyd987

Hello Everyone. Today I have a special treat for you all in the fact that i got myself The "Holes" Jumper. This is the jumper worn by the 12th Doctor in episodes such as 'Listen'. Or 'The Caretaker' and 'In The Forest of the Night'. So as always i'll keep the rambling on to a minimum and show you some frankly rare images of the jumper or 'sweater' itself.
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.45.24.png
Here's the jumper itself worn alongside the rest of my 12 cosplay. It's made from a Merino wool meaning it's the softest wool there is. You can see the small details that a normal jumper would lack, and also the multitude of holes that litter the perimeter of this thing, it's like you've been hit with a shotgun wearing it. And not just once.
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 18.49.07.png
You can also se here on a closer image the sleeves are very interesting, they maintain an illusion that they're like fingertip less gloves. When in fact they aren't. They just kind of, curve around the hand, as if the rib has been cut away. And look. it's my face. Isn't that nice.
IMG_7267.jpg
Here you can see a bit closer the holes that litter the jumper, they are unlike poking them yourself, they're actually stitched around, almost like a button hole but more subtle, this means that they won't fray whilst being washed or used. Another interesting thing about the jumper is that it lacks a large rib around the bottom, which makes the jumper quite small length wise. It goes against a lot of normality's for jumpers. But thats Paul Smith's business.
IMG_7286.jpg
You can see here how without the coat on the holes continue all over the jumper, you can't see as well as i am wearing a white T-Shirt underneath so it doesn't cover the whole sleeve. In my opinion it's quite a weird jumper, and it's breezy with all them holes.
IMG_7276.jpg
Here's a close up of the neck of the Jumper. Maintaining consistency it's also weird. It's as if someone has taken a regular Crew Neck and cut a bit out, of course this is stitched around which ensures it won't fray. This is cool but it annoys me as you can sometimes see the white undershirt peeking out to say hello. But still it is screen accurate and… interesting.
IMG_7310.jpg
Once again a close up of the sleeves, it's as if someone cut the rib to make them weird.
Screen Shot 2015-01-02 at 19.09.07.png
So overall, what do I think of this jumper? Well personally I wouldn't wear it. I'm more of an earthy person. But as a cosplay peice it's the big cheese, more comfortable than the white shirt, and looks, because it is, the exact same on as used on screen. Unfortunately these are immensely rare, and it wasn't easy finding this one. It would probably be easier to get a regular jumper and cut holes in it, as i did with my earlier cosplay. But until then i hope you enjoyed reading this review. I'd love to hear your opinion on it so leave a comment below. Happy cosplaying. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3,657
Last edited:
Hello Everyone. Today I have a special treat for you all in the fact that i got myself The "Holes" Jumper. This is the jumper worn by the 12th Doctor in episodes such as 'Listen'. Or 'The Caretaker' and 'In The Forest of the Night'. So as always i'll keep the rambling on to a minimum and show you some frankly rare images of the jumper or 'sweater' itself.
View attachment 421048
Here's the jumper itself worn alongside the rest of my 12 cosplay. It's made from a Merino wool meaning it's the softest wool there is. You can see the small details that a normal jumper would lack, and also the multitude of holes that litter the perimeter of this thing, it's like you've been hit with a shotgun wearing it. And not just once.
View attachment 421049
You can also se here on a closer image the sleeves are very interesting, they maintain an illusion that they're like fingertip less gloves. When in fact they aren't. They just kind of, curve around the hand, as if the rib has been cut away. And look. it's my face. Isn't that nice.
View attachment 421051
Here you can see a bit closer the holes that litter the jumper, they are unlike poking them yourself, they're actually stitched around, almost like a button hole but more subtle, this means that they won't fray whilst being washed or used. Another interesting thing about the jumper is that it lacks a large rib around the bottom, which makes the jumper quite small length wise. It goes against a lot of normality's for jumpers. But thats Paul Smith's business.
View attachment 421053
You can see here how without the coat on the holes continue all over the jumper, you can't see as well as i am wearing a white T-Shirt underneath so it doesn't cover the whole sleeve. In my opinion it's quite a weird jumper, and it's breezy with all them holes.
View attachment 421054
Here's a close up of the neck of the Jumper. Maintaining consistency it's also weird. It's as if someone has taken a regular Crew Neck and cut a bit out, of course this is stitched around which ensures it won't fray. This is cool but it annoys me as you can sometimes see the white undershirt peeking out to say hello. But still it is screen accurate and… interesting.
View attachment 421055
Once again a close up of the sleeves, it's as if someone cut the rib to make them weird.
View attachment 421057
So overall, what do I think of this jumper? Well personally I wouldn't wear it. I'm more of an earthy person. But as a cosplay peice it's the big cheese, more comfortable than the white shirt, and looks, because it is, the exact same on as used on screen. Unfortunately these are immensely rare, and it wasn't easy finding this one. It would probably be easier to get a regular jumper and cut holes in it, as i did with my earlier cosplay. But until then i hope you enjoyed reading this review. I'd love to hear your opinion on it so leave a comment below. Happy cosplaying. :)

Was yours one of the dyed ones for sale on eBay?? If not where did you find it??

As for rare images I have posted loads of pictures of my jumper online a while ago so not so rare at all. I got mine from Paul Smith London few months ago.

Good find though so well done.....

Thanks. I didn't get it from ebay and it isn't a dyed one. And before i got mine i trawled the internet for images of this jumper, but i could never find them. If you could send me a link to your pics that would be appreciated.

Thanks. I didn't get it from ebay and it isn't a dyed one. And before i got mine i trawled the internet for images of this jumper, but i could never find them. If you could send me a link to your pics that would be appreciated.

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8340517&postcount=585

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8272790&postcount=545

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8243189&postcount=518

These are just a few with my first being on 23 Aug 14.....Even posted the info from the tag which helped others find some.....

Well done on your find. Nice jumper ain't it....

Yeah it says you need a log in to be able to view those images so it explains why i couldn't find them. Thanks anyways :)

And yeah it is a nice jumper, but i find it could be a little longer, seems to finish high on the waist don't you think?

Yeah it says you need a log in to be able to view those images so it explains why i couldn't find them. Thanks anyways :)

And yeah it is a nice jumper, but i find it could be a little longer, seems to finish high on the waist don't you think?

Yeah but that's how it is meant to be worn. Peter wears his the same way. I live in Cardiff and have seen it in person....

You live in Cardiff? cool, i'm often down there visiting the experience. I saw them filming location on the high street way back for Deep Breath. Adipose industries was just round the corner too haha! Ever taken the locations tour? I'm considering doing it sometime.

And yeah i saw how similar it is, probably just me but personally i don't like the height, seems baggier on Capaldi.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back