Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo

thanks and thank you for checkin my thread out and to answer yr question i use the can that says fiberglass resin and not the jelly. i got temted to try the jelly but if it didnt work wouldve thrown 20 bucks down the drain lol, if ya need anymore help dont hesitate to ask dude:) I hope to have some more updates just been workin alot. I work in construction that with the hours Im just too tired :sleep:lol

Awesome thank you sir! and yeah didn't wanna drop 20 bucks and find out its carp :facepalm

I hear ya man, full time jobs and this costuming thing can be an energy sucker, heh.

Well just got all the supplies and then our famous Seattle rain started, so I guess I'm off to go clean out the shed!

Thanks again man! May the rondo be with you

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo

Awesome thank you sir! and yeah didn't wanna drop 20 bucks and find out its carp :facepalm

I hear ya man, full time jobs and this costuming thing can be an energy sucker, heh.

Well just got all the supplies and then our famous Seattle rain started, so I guess I'm off to go clean out the shed!

Thanks again man! May the rondo be with you

lol cool I got family up in seattle, let me know how yr costumes comin along once ya get started n if ya want yr welcome to post pics too good luck:)

Re: foam with rondo+ Quick easy battle damage tutorial with bullet hole:)

Doc!

Thanks for the input on my thread. When you get a chance, take a look at the finish I got using the Smooth-On 65D. Used the Krylon Triple Thick as a finish coat too and it really turned out well. Just a test piece, but this week we hit the actual suit. Can't wait!

Finally got some parts semi-finished today! My sanding totally sucks on these pieces, but thats because I was using the normal bondo before I got the lightweight stuff. I also apparently forgot how to use a dremel, haha. Couldn't keep my dang hand steady

Xlpt0.jpg

What can I say, I was never one for waiting and I had it on hand. Well as rondo it was ridiculous to sand and definitely cracks fairly easy, so lesson learned. Gonna do everything right from here forward, but Im probably just gonna keep these and risk it. I think the crappy sanding job can be covered up with weathering and battle damage. I'm still quite pleased with the finish, it looks nothing like foam. Gotta clear coat it too

Still trying to track down a local source for the triple thick glaze, I guess I'll just order some off the net...

Here's most of my build so far, awful pic

KRCMS.jpg

Yay!

Doc!

Thanks for the input on my thread. When you get a chance, take a look at the finish I got using the Smooth-On 65D. Used the Krylon Triple Thick as a finish coat too and it really turned out well. Just a test piece, but this week we hit the actual suit. Can't wait!

Checked it out lookd real good, I wanna try smooth on one of these days to see how that stuff works but good job on yr suit:)

Inspiring work.

Appreciate that bowrider thanks:)
Finally got some parts semi-finished today! My sanding totally sucks on these pieces, but thats because I was using the normal bondo before I got the lightweight stuff. I also apparently forgot how to use a dremel, haha. Couldn't keep my dang hand steady

Xlpt0.jpg

What can I say, I was never one for waiting and I had it on hand. Well as rondo it was ridiculous to sand and definitely cracks fairly easy, so lesson learned. Gonna do everything right from here forward, but Im probably just gonna keep these and risk it. I think the crappy sanding job can be covered up with weathering and battle damage. I'm still quite pleased with the finish, it looks nothing like foam. Gotta clear coat it too

Still trying to track down a local source for the triple thick glaze, I guess I'll just order some off the net...

Here's most of my build so far, awful pic

KRCMS.jpg

Yay!

Veeery nice, yr suit is gnna look awesome(y)thumbsup:D

Veeery nice, yr suit is gnna look awesome(y)thumbsup:D

Dude thanks man. Means a lot comin from someone of your skills. The new pics you posted look freakin sick man! Cant wait to see more! Lousy jobs takin time away from costuming...

Dude thanks man. Means a lot comin from someone of your skills. The new pics you posted look freakin sick man! Cant wait to see more! Lousy jobs takin time away from costuming...

lol I know whatcha mean, darn bills i have to pay lol but to be really honest I think your helmet is one of the best Ive seen outa foam man, you got skillz too:)

just a small update to show I havent stopped lol hope evryone enjoys em:D

Looking good Doc! Keep the updates coming.. I was going to do some Rondo work today but it has been raining the past 2 days:cry

Looking good Doc! Keep the updates coming.. I was going to do some Rondo work today but it has been raining the past 2 days:cry

Thanks BSD, I'll try and sucks bout the rain, i too am looking forward to seein more of your suit:)

Re: foam with rondo+ Small update with pics

Bondoing is coming along nicely ;]

Anyone got any tips for the codpiece?
I know I wouldn't be able to use Rondo for that piece.
All of the flexing of the foam would definitely crack the bondo quickly..

I know that Doc outlined a method for making flexible pieces using PlastiDip...but would it be hardened/sturdy enough not to crack, mess up the paint, or ruin the piece if I wanted to sit?

I know that Doc outlined a method for making flexible pieces using PlastiDip...but would it be hardened/sturdy enough not to crack, mess up the paint, or ruin the piece if I wanted to sit?

That looks gorgeous man. Very well done! Shoot, i might just re-do my shoulders...

Ive been wondering the same thing about the cod, figured doc's flex method would work (hoping?), but am definitely curious as well...

@Devin:
Thanks so much! :]
Couldn't have done it without Doc's tips here

Yeah.. I was going to use the flex method for the codpiece, but wanted to see if Doc or anyone here has used it themselves yet
I'd like to be able to sit if at all possible lol

excellent finish my friend:), about the cod havent built it yet but I'll come up with somthin...maybe removalble butt piece lol cuz I too wanna sit :lol

That looks gorgeous man. Very well done! Shoot, i might just re-do my shoulders...

Ive been wondering the same thing about the cod, figured doc's flex method would work (hoping?), but am definitely curious as well...

I agree with ya:) but I'll think of somthing for the cod

Doc! The Rondo will be with you... Always.[/QUOTE

And to you as well:lol

@Devin:
Thanks so much! :]
Couldn't have done it without Doc's tips here

Yeah.. I was going to use the flex method for the codpiece, but wanted to see if Doc or anyone here has used it themselves yet
I'd like to be able to sit if at all possible lol

No problem sniggle, glad that your finish is coming out amazing bud:)

Re: foam with rondo+ brand new foam gloves

Okay, they have to be the nicest looking foam gloves i've seen anyone build.:thumbsup

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back