Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: foam with rondo+ Quick easy battle damage tutorial with bullet hole:)

after chest/back was sealed with modpodge I had no trouble with it losin its shape. But with such a big area to coat i did it in sections like for chest did half of it in one coat then did another batch then did the rest. hope that helps ya:)

You are very helpful.. If there is a custom pepakura file you might ever need.. Let me know

Hey Doc.. Im having some trouble testing out my rondo... The first time I thought maybe I didnt put enough hardner in it.. But then I I made the second test just about pink... And both times it has not fully cured.. Should I add some of the fibber glass hardner?

Hey Doc.. Im having some trouble testing out my rondo... The first time I thought maybe I didnt put enough hardner in it.. But then I I made the second test just about pink... And both times it has not fully cured.. Should I add some of the fibber glass hardner?

can ya post a pic of how it looks n I'll be able to tell right away whats goin on. I dont use the fiberglass cuz it makes it cure way to fast that it cracks. I just remembered I havent done tutorial for rondo yet n its the name of my thread oops:lol I'll make one hopefully this week for everyone:)

can ya post a pic of how it looks n I'll be able to tell right away whats goin on. I dont use the fiberglass cuz it makes it cure way to fast that it cracks. I just remembered I havent done tutorial for rondo yet n its the name of my thread oops:lol I'll make one hopefully this week for everyone:)

I thought that rondo was fibber glass resin and bondo mixed 50/50 and only the bondo hardner was added... Did I miss something?

I thought that rondo was fibber glass resin and bondo mixed 50/50 and only the bondo hardner was added... Did I miss something?

srry forgot to type hardner. I dont use the fiberglass hardner/catalyst cuz fast curing srry for the confusion. I just use the bondo hardner for more controled curing.

srry forgot to type hardner. I dont use the fiberglass hardner/catalyst cuz fast curing srry for the confusion. I just use the bondo hardner for more controled curing.

Here is a pic I just took of it... Let me know what you think I did wrong. Its still kinda soft and tacky..

Here is a pic I just took of it... Let me know what you think I did wrong. Its still kinda soft and tacky..

in the first 2 pic it looks good but in the third i can tell it need just a tad bit more hardner, just give it 24 hrs n trust me itll be cure. when i do the tutorial you'll be able to see how much i hardner i put. But excellent job man! for yr first time ya did great. ya shouldve seen my first time it looked like a pink explosion :lol

in the first 2 pic it looks good but in the third i can tell it need just a tad bit more hardner, just give it 24 hrs n trust me itll be cure. when i do the tutorial you'll be able to see how much i hardner i put. But excellent job man! for yr first time ya did great. ya shouldve seen my first time it looked like a pink explosion :lol

After letting it sit for about 24hrs it I am able to sand it.. I do agree that I should add more hardner next run... Thanks doc!

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo

Hey doc,

Want to start by saying a massive thanks to all the info you have provided in this thread. It's been a tremendous help with my plan to rondo my foam iron man suit. I've read this whole thing like 20 times, lol

About to go re-up my bondo and resin supplies, but I had one quick question.

I know you're using the lightweight body filler, but when I was in the auto store, I noticed there was another type of fiberglass resin, a gel kind. And then I remembered you said this on the second page:

Its basically a homemade gelcoat and most high quality marine gelcoats are made with polyester resin.

So I held off buying anything until I just double checked with you about the kind of resin you're using. Sorry if its a dumb question, I just wanted to make sure

And thanks again for all the tutorials and info, its been invaluable!

peace
-d

Re: Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo

Hey doc,

Want to start by saying a massive thanks to all the info you have provided in this thread. It's been a tremendous help with my plan to rondo my foam iron man suit. I've read this whole thing like 20 times, lol

About to go re-up my bondo and resin supplies, but I had one quick question.

I know you're using the lightweight body filler, but when I was in the auto store, I noticed there was another type of fiberglass resin, a gel kind. And then I remembered you said this on the second page:

So I held off buying anything until I just double checked with you about the kind of resin you're using. Sorry if its a dumb question, I just wanted to make sure

And thanks again for all the tutorials and info, its been invaluable!

peace
-d

thanks and thank you for checkin my thread out and to answer yr question i use the can that says fiberglass resin and not the jelly. i got temted to try the jelly but if it didnt work wouldve thrown 20 bucks down the drain lol, if ya need anymore help dont hesitate to ask dude:) I hope to have some more updates just been workin alot. I work in construction that with the hours Im just too tired :sleep:lol

Hey doc..... Thought I would let you know my test was a big success! I did another test run and it was perfect. As for others looking to make rondo make sure you test it before doing it to your armor.... Also I wanted to point out because it is asked alot on here.... 1 to 1 ratio... I used fiberglass resin and light weight bondo using only the bondo hardner... My first test I did make it pink but not pink enough... For me its closer to a dark pink that worked. I was used to dealing with just bondo so I didn't think I needed to use all that much hardner... I used about twice the amount I normally used for just bondo.....

I hope this may help some people out... But like I said this is what worked for me...

Thanks doc!

Hey doc! Just thought you should know my latest rondo test run was freaking a success! I just needed to add more bondo hardner. I am used to dealing with both so adding too much hardner was kinda part of my worry. Not worried about it now... I saw someone post make it pink.... I would say for me its more like a dark pink color... Thanks again!

Hey doc..... Thought I would let you know my test was a big success! I did another test run and it was perfect. As for others looking to make rondo make sure you test it before doing it to your armor.... Also I wanted to point out because it is asked alot on here.... 1 to 1 ratio... I used fiberglass resin and light weight bondo using only the bondo hardner... My first test I did make it pink but not pink enough... For me its closer to a dark pink that worked. I was used to dealing with just bondo so I didn't think I needed to use all that much hardner... I used about twice the amount I normally used for just bondo.....

I hope this may help some people out... But like I said this is what worked for me...

Thanks doc!

The Force is strong with this one...:D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back