DL-44 but not good enough

Don B

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys - here's my second build. It's been in the pipeline for a while (Denix + DEC), and I 'bashed' it out over Christmas (I have another two other projects I'm keen to get going - one of which I really want to take my time over). I was aiming for a decent, workmanlike DL-44 paying homage to the Hero prop but without actually going for anything close to an exact replica. So here it is.

Problem though - while it's a good basic blaster, the more I look at it the more I want to do an exact replica. I've looked at some great builds on the RPF so when I look at my own it just doesn't measure up. Look at the pics and you'll see where this can be improved.

So, watch this space and I'll be stripping it back and fixing those areas that need attention (with more time) to get right. Might be a few months before this thread is picked up again but I'll get there.

894C7BB0-F73B-4387-81FD-A380FA4FAA5C.jpeg
EF08978B-38F9-4D22-8C47-A8759D2F9770.jpeg

Last edited:
You've got a real knack for weathering; the way you've kept it uneven, especially on the flash hider, really elevates the look of the whole thing. Bravo!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back