DL-21 WIP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by reccerecon, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:28 PM.

1. reccerecon

reccerecon New Member

I just got done with my DL-21. It’s not 100% accurate yet but it’s a start. I made it with a real deactivated Charter Arms AR7, real Single Point sight, real Sterling grip, most of the correct Visible V8 parts and a M3 grease gun flash hider. I’m still trying to find a 2” mortar, but I always seem to miss the good deals on the nice ones. I still need to add a little weathering and find the rest of the V8 parts.

Attached Files:

Unfated, thd9791 and Shingouki28 like this.
  2. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

* that's nice !

3. ed-209

ed-209 Sr Member

Where did you find a deactivated AR-7?

4. Shingouki28

Shingouki28 Well-Known Member

Looks great with the GK flash hider!

5. reccerecon

reccerecon New Member

Thanks. It’s a plugged display dummy barrel. Everything else still works. When I get some extra money I plan on getting a SBR stamp for it and making it fully functional. It would be fun with tracers.

6. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

beautiful build! I made one of these with a metal FH and resin body, which was weird. How did you attach the Sterling grip to the back of the receiver? I think, if I'm mistaken, there isn't a grip frame, just a hole for a long bolt?

7. Unfated

Unfated Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The handle attaching is the issues I had with mine when i built my DL-21. I ended up using JB Weld steelstik.

8. reccerecon

reccerecon New Member

For the grip I cut down a lower stock tang from a milled AK47 and bolted it to the receiver. I drilled another hole for the grip bolt which is also from an AK. The tang has an almost perfect angle and has just enough clearance to get a nut for the grip bolt. The grip itself has a big enough gap to fit the nut inside.

Attached Files:

thd9791 likes this.
  9. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

interesting, nice handiwork