Displaying your props

Wow! Thanks for the great responses! Some great ideas there. I think my main problem is the "pile of unrelated objects" look. I'll look into a more structured layout.
I thought I was leaning towards huge sculpted displays but you have convinced me that a simple plain stand can be even better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you go with more minimal shelves, you could always add a matching poster to each "cubby" to tie the props together. I've seen a few guys do that tastefully over at sideshowcollectors.

scultpted custom displays are amazing, but they offer very limited flexibility as your collection changes. They also tend to become fixtures in a room and take up more space. I'm planning my next theater with a few mini-sets. It's s major undertaking.

If you want some additional inspiration, visit your local museums. They tend to have a mix of minimal and complex displays for artifacts. Always gets my wheels turning.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back