Disney pixar up - 'my adventure book'

HannahBee

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this :$

I have recently accidentally got into producing and hand painting the 'My Adventure Book' from the Disney Pixar Film 'UP'. I made this last week for an old friend who got in touch on Facebook after seeing some of my work I regularly post, several orders followed with valentines soon approaching which I thought was pretty sweet of them :)

I just wanted to know if anyone has found any decent replica versions of the book, I have found some on Etsy, I just feel they lack the old, worn sort of look it seems to have to it... Mine is posted below

1891295_10151905057790036_222277830_n.jpg

Oooooh! Nice handywork there :) I understand those people who ordered the book for their significant other, very romantic gift!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Thank you all, not sure how the pictures look to you, they don't seem to do it much justice, I think the lighting was a bit off because it looks much darker in real life

DSC_0161.JPGDSC_0164.JPGDSC_0188.JPGDSC_0203.JPG

Loving your build! :)

You saying you want to improve it, left me thinking, so I made a quick Google search and found this image.

Ellie's_Adventure_Book.png

Considering this image as a reference, I noticed a couple of details you could polish if you want the book to look even better:

- Leather texture instead of papier-mâché >> not really relevant for me, but the "original" looks leathery
- Double frame line >> there are two rectangles (not one) framing the ellipse
- Line color >> in this image at least lines look red, not yellow. It might be due to the light in this particular scene, though, I haven't researched further
- Title >> the one in the movie says "My Adventure Book". But of course, "our adventure book" is more romantic, if that's the purpose :p
- Lacing >> in the film it looks shorter, less loose.

Hope this helps! :)

It also appears that the lettering on the "original" has a 3D effect going on. Like puffy or thick paint was used. You can see that the letters appear to be raised a bit.

That does help thanks. Yeah originally I wanted to embroider the books but as it was made to order I had a budget to stick to (ish) and embroidery would have taken me days unfortunately which means I would have had to up the price :/
I think the clip of the book shown nearer the end were he leaves the house its a but more goldy... but I never realised the two lines framing the centre! Well observed!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi guys recently made another book, this time with 'my' rather than 'our' turns out there's a lot of people out there with sentimental value to this book, I just sold one to a guy that proposed to his wife with it and inside I put 'will you marry me' a few pages in. Made my month it was so cute!!uploadfromtaptalk1396948880839.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396948901581.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back