Dishonored Corvo Attano Mask and Costume

Re: Dishonored Corvo Attano mask WIP

Ok so I figured I should maybe update this since I have completed the entire costume now! I ended up actually remaking the mask, this version is a lot more comfortable and is made out of semi-flexible rubber, that way i can walk into things without permanently damaging my face!

IMAG0578.jpg

So once that was done I made a start on the sword, this actually took me forever as i had never worked with EVA foam before and hadn't heeded the warnings that you need a SHARP knife, so most of the time was spend sanding the really ragged cuts i had made to make it look presentable.

IMAG0529.jpgIMAG0531.jpgIMAG0533.jpgIMAG0538.jpgIMAG0545.jpgIMAG0547.jpgIMAG0548.jpgIMAG0549.jpgIMAG0553.jpg

So the sword was basically 4 cut outs of EVA foam floor mat, with a stiff piece of wire in the centre to give it a bit more strength while still making it flexible for cons (in case i got told off!). I glued these together with hot glue (next time i'm using contact cement, this kinda fell apart when i used the heat gun on it!). I used a dremel to sand it to the right shape, cut details in the handle with a knife and then used the heat gun to open these up more. I had to use some PVA glue to fill in the gaps that using the heat gun had opened up, then a few coats of plastidip and some paint and it was all done!.

Next up was the bone charms
IMAG0560.jpgIMAG0561.jpgIMAG0565.jpgIMAG0566.jpgIMAG0567.jpgIMAG0570.jpgIMAG0575.jpg

I sculpted one bone charm out of Super Sculpey, initially I thought the three pronged things in the middle were just flat, then i realised that they were wrapped round the entire bone charm, so I had to put these on after I had baked the bone charm. I used playdoh (cheap!) to build up around one half of the bone charm to make a cast, and then found bits of playdoh under my fingernails for the next few days. These were cast in resin and then painted and I was very pleased with how they turned out!

The rest of the costume will be in the next post as i ran out of image space

Attachments

• IMAG0572.jpg
    IMAG0572.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0576.jpg
    IMAG0576.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0571.jpg
    IMAG0571.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0562.jpg
    IMAG0562.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0556.jpg
    IMAG0556.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0555.jpg
    IMAG0555.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0554.jpg
    IMAG0554.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103

Last bit was the costume, I didn't keep a very good record of this, but it's split into a few different sections
- Under tunic
- Jacket (inc hood)
- Gorget
- Belts and straps

I just wore normal black trousers and bought some cheap rubber riding boots (make sure you bring a fresh pair of socks, they make you sweat a lot!)

IMAG0556.jpgIMAG0555.jpgIMAG0562.jpg

I had to teach myself to sew button holes pretty quickly with this! i made it so that all of the buttons work even though most would not be visible, just in case i took my jacket off at any point

IMAG0571.jpgIMAG0576.jpg

This was actually the hardest part of the build! I couldn't get a decent shape, eventually i ended up using some scrap material and just chopping it until it looked about right, but I had to get this done before the jacket as the jacket sits over it.

IMAG0586.jpgIMAG0608.jpgIMAG0607.jpgIMAG0613.jpgIMAG0610.jpgIMAG0612.jpgIMAG0614.jpg

The jacket was a lot of trial and error, although I did manage to make a bit of a pattern out of some scrap material to minimise waste. The last image shows the different in colour as I thought the blue was too light, I stitched on any of the extra bits I used before doing a test dye to make sure the gold edging wouldn't take the dye too.

I didn't get any pictures of the belts being made, but the belts themselves were leather blanks, then the main waist belt I backed with some pleather to extend it and made the bullet pouch out of the same material.

Unfortunately, I made the jacket a few inches too short, so it looks a little weird, but otherwise i'm very happy with how it turned out! i'll put some photos of the finished costume on the next post

Starting off with the worst:
View attachment DSC_0002.JPG
This was Paris Games week 2016 where I got to play the demo for Dishonored 2, in my Dishonored 1 get up! I also wore it to EGX where I met the community manager https://www.facebook.com/dishonored...1828.870037599695324/1287013434664403/?type=3 and appear on their facebook page!

DSC_0054-Edit.jpgDSC_0040-Edit.jpgView attachment DSC_0025-Edit.jpgView attachment DSC_0111 as Smart Object-1.jpg
The last few photos were taken in an abandoned manor house, it was rather creepy and dangerous, but fun to do, especially walking there with my partner dressed up as male Lara Croft for his photoshoot too with people walking their dogs past us!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back