*discontinued*

Arachknight

Hey everybody!

Long time lurker over here on TheRPF, and I've been putting off my real first post on this forum. (I've had one other account from when I was around 14 or so, some pretty cringeworthy stuff.)

But anyway, moving back from that. I've wanted (for a hell of a long time) to make a real, functioning Spider-Man suit. By functioning, I mean it being a 7 piece suit that I sew and design myself. Here are some factors that I want to adapt into this hybrid costume that'll come out pretty well I hope.

- Light Muscle Shading
- Organic (Free-Form) Webbing
- Racing stripe from TASM 1
- Athletic Shoes (Kinda from TASM 1)
- Domed lenses
- Washed out colors
- Repeating brick pattern (Distorted to follow the muscle contours, thank god for Liquify.)

So yeah, here's what I have so far regarding the muscle shades. The pattern I'm building on top of is my old classic pattern which I'm going to revamp and sell pretty soon (Along with my muscle base)

Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 1.38.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-23 at 1.38.16 AM.png

So yeah, I believe they are pretty light and they are definitely what I was going for.

Stay tuned, true believers! :lol

Re: The Perfect Spider-Man Costume

Can't wait to see more!

Do you mind sharing how you get the "repeating brick pattern"? I've been trying to figure it out but I've never really used the liquify tool.

Okay, some update on the pattern as is.

I finished the muscle base, but in it's current state it looks ugly when not applied to a pattern. I kinda felt like Buffalo Bill from Silence of The Lambs because everything was skin coloured. Ew.

Any who, I started on the webbing. I did my best to make sure that the vertical lines stayed semi-straight and that the horizontal lines were more elongated.Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 9.25.45 PM.png

I tried my best to make the horizontal webbing more elongated and the vertical lines semi straight. I'm going to try to add some stray lines and what I like to call "Double Webbing" that can be seen all throughout the Edge of Time ​costume. I'll update sometime tomorrow.

Okay, so I did the mask and chest piece today. (That's the piece where it goes down to the belt and stuff)

Untitled.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 5.32.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-25 at 5.32.35 PM.png

Just some images of the pattern in it's current state. Gonna mod it up some. The arms are gonna get changed, and I'm going to modify the boots a bit.

Small update -

I've decided that I'm gonna do something different for the boots and stuff. So I'm gonna try and do something like Ben Reilly's boots. I'm also going to change the colors from red and blue to red and black. I also am gonna make a symbiote version of it when it's done. I'm gonna try and get this costume finished by May 30th.

Nice. I really like the natural muscle shading in the back. I'm pretty excited to see how the pattern will actually contour around the muscles. I've thought about trying to do that for a while.

Nice. I really like the natural muscle shading in the back. I'm pretty excited to see how the pattern will actually contour around the muscles. I've thought about trying to do that for a while.
Thanks dude! Yeah I'll definitely get some reference up on this thread.

Okay, so another mini update, I'm starting over with a bit of a newer design. This time, closer to the Classic Spider-Man but still try and keep some of the elements here. Instead of organic webbing I'll do spaced out, comic style webbing with a different belt style, Gonna try and involve 3 colours on this suit. Wish me luck!

Okay guys, here is the design I've come up with in the time since.

Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 5.07.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-11 at 5.07.27 PM.png
I took inspiration for the front logo off of Christopher Samnee's logo from Ultimate. I made the back pieces different colors and made seam lines as well. Take a look!

Is it your intention to have the back pieces be different colours in the final piece? Because, while it may seem cool in theory, I have a feeling it will look bad in practice and will just look like some kind of weird printing error. I highly suggest picking a colour scheme and sticking to it.

On the blue stripe going across the wrist, you should put a red border on the edges, like you did for the spider design on the bicep. same with the bottom of the neck on the back pieces. When creating a suit as intricate as this, it's important to build up a design language and stick to it on every detail.

Is it your intention to have the back pieces be different colours in the final piece? Because, while it may seem cool in theory, I have a feeling it will look bad in practice and will just look like some kind of weird printing error. I highly suggest picking a colour scheme and sticking to it.

Yes it is. I like to have different colour schemes and make it non symmetrical. As seen below, I followed your advise and pasted the layer style to the blue wrist stripe. It works a lot better than before.

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 5.08.31 PM.png

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back