Digital Sound in Props

trekprops.de

This is a question for the pros:

How to incorporate custom digital sound into a prop? I know a bit about electronics, but my knowledge is a little rusty. It doesn't extend much beyond the ability to wire a few blinkies... :unsure

So, what kinds of components are needed, what is the process, what kind of cost is involved, in short: How do you do it?

Any kind of explanations, tips, links to web ressources etc. are appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Short answer, look for a sound kit. They make hobby kits that will let you store a short sound and then replay it. Don't know what stores you have in Germany, I know Dick Smith in Australia and Radio Shack in the US. If you have a store like either of them I would try there.

Yes, I've seen those, but they lack certain features or at least I don't know if they have the features I want.

For example continuous play of the sound sample as long as the trigger is pressed and immediate stop when it is released.

Also: The sound samples would have to be recorded with a microphone which decreases the sound quality, doesn't it? I'd like to record the sound directly to the chip.

And lastly: Are these modules loud enough?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back