Different Path For A Suit Video Added First Fitting

CLAY!!!!  please stop what you are doing now! a hot knife on urethane upholstery foams, memory foams, etc is extremely dangerous. They release very poisonous gasses. Please read up on this first and use a respirator above all else. The best way to cut this foam is with an electric turkey carving knife ,,then use small rasps to detail out the foam.

call me if ya need brother

ptgreek said:
CLAY!!!!  please stop what you are doing now! a hot knife on urethane upholstery foams, memory foams, etc is extremely dangerous. They release very poisonous gasses. Please read up on this first and use a respirator above all else. The best way to cut this foam is with an electric turkey carving knife ,,then use small rasps to detail out the foam.

call me if ya need brother
Well, again George has saved my butt!!!!!!  DO NOT USE A HOT KNIFE ON THE FOAM!!!!!  Luckily I had ventilation going and didnt use it for that long-- 
So I have to go a different way that George and I discussed.  I love this place and how we take care of each other!!!!
Thanks again George.

I am glad I am following this thread...I just learned something new. I had no idea. I have always used an electric carving knife for cutting this stuff in the past but it is hard on a knife. Needless to say my wife was not a happy camper.. o_O

Steve

Here are some updates on the progress-- Threw the gauntlet on there just to get a feel for it-- Have to add some more muscles and detail them in a bit more-- then going to be covering it with 4way stretch lycra to smooth it all, then the latex coat to hold it all together. After that I am deciding if I am doing the scales or sculpting a chest piece-- we shall see-- this morphs as I go.
Thanks to PTGREEK for all his help as well.

P1030115_zps081ac83f.jpg.gif

P1030114_zps3c3a39fa.jpg.gif

P1030113_zps81f7fcc4.jpg.gif

P1030112_zps580f6810.jpg.gif

P1030116_zpsacfaece7.jpg.gif

P1030121_zps957d9ce5.jpg.gif

P1030118_zps34992ccd.jpg.gif

P1030119_zps92f36b32.jpg.gif

P1030120_zps7da2d18b.jpg.gif

Just an idea how tall this is-- The Standee is about 7'

Been working on defining the muscles more  and then will be covering it with the cloth and then the latex-- I have a pretty good idea which direction Im going for the final look as well.

IMG_20130210_153846_328_zps10dfb3f8.jpg.gif

Here is a little more progress-- was able to get back on it a bit today. Strarting to cut out the scales but I tried a few just to get an effect--

P1030276_zps34356eea.jpg.gif

P1030275_zpsdd22f8b7.jpg.gif

P1030274_zps3292d67e.jpg.gif

P1030277_zpsd15cc45a.jpg.gif

I am really liking the scales you are experimenting with Clay , i may use this look as well on certain parts.  You said in your video that you are going to put on the suit and stretch and bend to stress the parts that are going to tear.  This makes sense and again I will be tempted to try this.  My only worry would be getting the suit back on the duct tape dummy for painting.  I imagine the wet suit would be easier to get back on your mannequin.

Look forward to more updates

Cheers

Sean

OK--here is some progress.

i know I look kind of goofy doing the Pred stuff-- but what the heck-- shoulders look funny when I raise my arms too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iK5sR5G2nY

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back