Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

Survey's been closed for a while now...anyone know when they are going to release the results?
I don't think for awhile. I mean They are still at the beginning stages of the TOS with barely an update. I don't think we'll hear anything until next year.

I want to see some visual/video updates with the TOS first before I hear anything about future builds.

Here is the latest my friends!!! This is looking awesome!!! I am salivating at the prospect of seeing this completed!! Enjoy people!

ac279528-b731-8e34-65fa-d21fac69a22c.png
d4f7d85e-7a6c-25cb-ab42-23a5094ede09.jpg

Dear Star Trek fan,​

Happy Holidays to all of you! To make your holiday season just a little bit better, we just received our first shot models of the U.S.S. Enterprise that we'd love to show you. We'll be hosting a Facebook LIVE on Thursday, December 15 at 1:30 PM CST on our TOMY Toys Facebook channel to share a first look with all of you. Mark your calendars and be sure to tune in next week!
45f50e1d-7b9f-4202-2754-42935a8f5b48.jpg
Project Update:
  • Campaign fully funded and moving forward
  • Tooling model has been approved by Paramount
  • First shot models have arrived
  • We're working on finalizing the package size
  • Look for more updates in 2023!
Thanks again for your continued support and we're so happy that we're able to bring this unique collectible to you next year.
- TOMY Prestige Select Team

If you have any questions, please feel free to connect with the TOMY Customer Service team at cs@tomy.com or 1-800-704-8697.

Well the FB live event wasn't much. I missed it unfortunately cause I had a zoom meeting at 1:00! Blah! So I watched the recording.

That being said they showed basically what we pretty much have seen already. Some electronics were shown. Everything looks great but looking for more details. Covid in China is kinda messing things up. Hopefully more details will be coming next year.

They mentioned the next project will be announced in summer of 2023. I don't think it will be the refit. If it is it will not be in 1/350 scale. They said it will be smaller. Hope it's the Galileo then. Cause I want a refit in 1/350 scale. Anything smaller would be disappointing. And I will gladly pay more for a 1/350 refit.

That video was short. Not much to talk about really I guess. The motor noise was a bit suprising only because they previously stressed how quiet it would be. It's still early so I'm not concerned at this point. I am disappointed the refit will not be next as it would likely be bumped to 2025 delivery then at the earliest.

That video was short. Not much to talk about really I guess. The motor noise was a bit suprising only because they previously stressed how quiet it would be. It's still early so I'm not concerned at this point. I am disappointed the refit will not be next as it would likely be bumped to 2025 delivery then at the earliest.
Maybe we shouldn't be surprised the refit isn't next. That would be a complicated build and the TOS is a pretty complicated build to start with. Maybe they want to move onto something simpler?

I would love a Galileo though...with lights and interior! That would be pretty awesome! Not as cool as a refit but still pretty cool!

I appreciate TOMY is giving us updates. It's nice to know they are taking the little details of the model so seriously.

I'd rather have more short updates instead of them waiting for having big news. It's fun to see some of the process of getting these made.

Here is a pdf of an update from Tomy for people who are interested. Not much but it does go into some detail about discussions with Paramount. Looks like paramount is keeping a keen eye on this project. I just got this in the email today.

Attachments

• Incoming Transmission January Update on Star Trek Enterprise.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
Like some others I haven’t been getting email updates from TOMY. I missed their next product poll and the notice of the live FB event. I called their customer support number, gave them my order number and within minutes received an email to subscribe to their mailing list.

EDIT: TOMY called me back and apparently I “unsubscribed” last September. I don’t remember doing that but it must have happened.

Last edited:
I received this email update today:

ac279528-b731-8e34-65fa-d21fac69a22c.png
d4f7d85e-7a6c-25cb-ab42-23a5094ede09.jpg

Dear Star Trek fan,​

As you all know, TOMY wanted to go where no one had gone before; replicating the original restored Studio Model that is on display at the National Air and Space Museum, complete with space dust & hull markings, to make this release a true jaw-dropper. We're happy to share a few first looks at some of the parts that will make this collectible truly remarkable.
0c396e63-7242-9a1c-0c32-06658cfb264d.jpg
Our NCC-1701 USS Enterprise will not only showcase amazing accuracy with its die-cast construction and lighting effects, but will also replicate the TOS Studio Model that is currently on display in the NASM (Smithsonian Institute). To do this, we’re under the watchful eye Gary Kerr, who not only supplied the correct paint chips, but also played a pivotal role on the restoration of the 11 foot long Studio Model in 2016. Along with Gary, a handful of other all star Star Trek-ians were also consulted, including Glen Swanson, Karl Tate, Matt Cushman, and Mark Myers.
b55edbec-b632-e51b-34ba-7bd68b8ce9ad.jpg
TOMY's Project Manager on this endeavor, Rick Pettinger, pointed out that this vessel will boast 282+ deco operations, including tampo pad printing, 3D surface printing, spray effects, waterslide decals, labels, and electrostatic spray powder-coating.

Let us know what you think!
Project Update:
  • Campaign fully funded and moving forward
  • Tooling model has been approved by Paramount
  • First shot models have arrived
  • We're working on finalizing the package size and instruction sheet
  • Look for more updates over the next few months!
Thanks again for your continued support.
- TOMY Prestige Select Team

If you have any questions, please feel free to connect with the TOMY Customer Service team at cs@tomy.com or 1-800-704-8697.
TM & ©2022 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
outline-dark-facebook-96.png
outline-dark-instagram-96.png
outline-dark-link-96.png
f6fb9b44-b5b1-b698-788b-02bf10b9d050.png
Copyright © 2023 TOMY International, Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to receive communications from ERTL related to the Star Trek USS Enterprise crowdfunding campaign.

Our mailing address is:
TOMY International, Inc.
2021 9th St SE
Dyersville, IA 52040-2316
Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
open.php

I have to dissent here...I'm not happy with what I just read in this announcement..."replicate the TOS Studio Model that is currently on display in the NASM (Smithsonian Institute)". I believe the rust marks and dirty weathering are over-done on the Smithsonian model.

I don't care if it was on the actual studio model or not at some point in the production, it looks wrong and was not that visible when the model was shown on the TV screen. It doesn't even seem logical...dirt or rust on a Starfleet flagship, no way.

Sorry guys, I'm excited Tomy is doing this and I'm one of the people who bought one, but thumbs-down on the replicating the NASM model paint scheme.

The Tomy team should think more carefully and find a paint scheme that is a better balance between the studio model and what we saw and remember on the TV screen.

This isn't a Star Wars ship...ships in the Star Trek universe are clean.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back