Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

In this screencap from TWOK, you can see the pencil lines they added to the secondary hull and nacelle pylon to make up for the dulled-down pearlescent paneling. It’s…not an improvement from the TMP look. And I say this while also having great love for ILM’s work on the films.

“Vandalism” is too strong a word, but it’s regrettable that they had to do this in order to make the model suitable for their style of bluescreen shooting.

View attachment 1632467

I would go with “Vandalism”. That was a great way to put it.

I generally don’t get too picky on this stuff, but personally TMP is the ideal Enterprise, the most beautiful model ever, for my eyes.

I’m super excited for the TOMY TOS Enterprise though, since that ship would always be my first choice to own.

I would go with “Vandalism”. That was a great way to put it.

I generally don’t get too picky on this stuff, but personally TMP is the ideal Enterprise, the most beautiful model ever, for my eyes.

I’m super excited for the TOMY TOS Enterprise though, since that ship would always be my first choice to own.

Yeah, I just can’t call it vandalism. At the end of the day, these models and props are tools to get a job done, as opposed to the objects of reverence we fans treat them as. ILM inherited the model, and their setup was for bluescreen matte work, as opposed to the frontlight/backlight matting technique Trumbull used. They did what they did to the model in order to be able to use it with their effects setup, and within the time/budget constraints handed to them. It was a necessary evil.

I vote for TMP. That's the first time we saw her and when she looked best IMHO.

It's also got that incredible slow fly around. Of course edited for TWOK but I love that beautiful , slow, good look we got. Unlike First Contact when we got a 2 second look at my beloved E.

Oh, after Refit please do E and then F

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :lol: :unsure: (y) :p :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

11B768C7-35B0-424A-9996-29274762DFEC.jpeg

What's frustrating is that in the interview they say they want to know what we think about TMP vs TWOK versions, but provide no means to let them know. The most recent post about in on their fb page was months ago, the YT video with the interview has the comments closed, etc...

What's frustrating is that in the interview they say they want to know what we think about TMP vs TWOK versions, but provide no means to let them know. The most recent post about in on their fb page was months ago, the YT video with the interview has the comments closed, etc...
probably through their instagram and facebook pages. I follow them on Instagram but I haven't checked in awhile. Maybe though their twitter handle if they have one.

Like I said to reply to a relevant post on their facebook one has to dig months back. They'll never see it.
I'm not on IG or Twitter but you're right, they're probably there. They might've mentioned that, however. :)

Last edited:
Like I said to reply to a relevant post on their facebook one has to dig months back. They'll never see it.
I'm not on IG or Twitter but you're right, they're probably there. The might've mentioned that, however. :)
True their communications/PR is somewhat....slow? Incompetent? or just lazy! LOL But yeah their reach out has to improve!

I received this in my inbox today. Not much of an update but for those who haven't received this yet here it is:

Dear Star Trek fan,​

At TOMY, we're always striving to break tradition and employ innovation into our die cast replicas, and our gigantic U.S.S. Enterprise is no exception! Why blend in when you can stand out? Let's take a closer look at a couple of innovative and unique features of our U.S.S. Enterprise.
6dfebcd1-4248-3995-834f-be259cbf6b73.jpg
Saucer Separation
The most exciting feature of our U.S.S. Enterprise is the ability to easily separate the main hull from the secondary hull and display them separately on their own respective display bases.

We wanted our U.S.S. Enterprise to be unique but still hold true to Roddenberry’s initial designs, and what better way to showcase this than having the saucer separate from the secondary hull? Gene had written it into the show but never had the opportunity to make it happen on screen. It was mentioned in “The Apple” as an emergency maneuver and since then it’s been a talking point for decades. It was finally shown on screen in The Next Generation, and it blew everyone away. Under the guidance of Gary Kerr and Matt Cushman, we were able to design this into our replica in a way that 100% holds true to canon, and something we’re very proud of.

The U.S.S. Enterprise will arrive separated to protect itself during transit, but with a simple bolt attachment method, the saucer can be attached to the dorsal of the secondary hull and camouflaged with a clever magnetized cover.
Secret Touch Sense Toggle Switches

Another feature that we’re excited to share is the use of hidden touch sense switches that will control not only the vast array of bright lights throughout the starship, but also the spinning bussard collectors at the fore end of the nacelles. There are 3 speeds to choose from: off, slow, and fast.
Project Update:
  • Campaign fully funded and moving forward
  • Tooling model has been sent to Paramount and approved
  • First shots of tooling are coming later this month
  • Look for more updates in December!
That's it for now. Thanks again for your continued support and interest.
- TOMY Prestige Select Team

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if you've seen this. The curator mentioned experts were brought in including Gary Kerr. I learned a lot from this video having not seen the filming model. Hopefully I can make a trip and see it sometime!

Saw the video and it’s awesome! As usual AS makes a compelling and thoughtful video! And yes me too, making it down to the Smithsonian is a priority! Haven’t been there in years!

I received this in my inbox today. Not much of an update but for those who haven't received this yet here it is:

I‘m not receiving any of the emails people are talking about. Like the survey about the next replica. I’m going to have to call them.

Thanks for posting this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back