Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

I chose the refit, and in a followup question they give size choices. Largest was 32". Not 34!! I hope it was an error, but I emailed that they should maintain the same scale, making it 34" or a hair longer.
If they don't, then I'll revert to Polar Lights 1/350.
Choose GIF

Refit all the way!!!

It would be very disappointing to find out that they will sacrifice detail in order to hit the same price point. I'd rather pay more and get a better ship. Just speculation at this point, but worth mentioning. I find it very difficult to believe they could do a refit for the same price as the original.
I agree! I am happy to pay for nice quality, accuracy and some options on a refit. I'm might rank the D7 first since I think that would be the easiest to hit for the price.

For the refit I am more worried about quality than price.
Me too but let's not tell them that ;):lol:

Refit! Refit! My kingdom for a Refit!

and then, in order of preference, 1701-D, D-7, Strange New Worlds 1701.

although I'd also love to see a Reliant or Excelsior in the future too.

It would be very disappointing to find out that they will sacrifice detail in order to hit the same price point. I'd rather pay more and get a better ship. Just speculation at this point, but worth mentioning. I find it very difficult to believe they could do a refit for the same price as the original.
Other than the complex paint, which could be simulated with decals I don't see the refit as tremendously more complicated. But time will tell... I'd bet a lot of money the refit will be next... then the D...

Jedi Dade

Other than the complex paint, which could be simulated with decals I don't see the refit as tremendously more complicated. But time will tell... I'd bet a lot of money the refit will be next... then the D...

Jedi Dade
I sure hope they do the D7 before the Enterprise D... just sayin'

I sure hope they do the D7 before the Enterprise D... just sayin'
To each their own. personally I want
1) Refit
2) Enterprise D
3/4) Strange new worlds E and D7.

For full disclosure - I built the a studio scale D7 and have it in my display case so I guess I have that itch scratched.

I also agree with some others that have said they should maintain a consistent scale... within reason. A 1/350 Enterprise D would be epic, but far too big to display outside of dedicating a room for it.

Jedi Dade

To each their own. personally I want
1) Refit
2) Enterprise D
3/4) Strange new worlds E and D7.

For full disclosure - I built the a studio scale D7 and have it in my display case so I guess I have that itch scratched.

Jedi Dade
To be honest, as long as they do any I will be happy. But I do have an itch that still needs scratching!

There is a kit on ebay right now...

Not an endorsement of the seller - I don't know them...

However the D7 is a fun quick build, with a relatively simple paint scheme... a bit of masking and brush silver & gold and you're good to go :)

Jedi Dade

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back