Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

Current rate is 100 backers a day, so this is going to fall short easily unless that changes. I think there can be a dramatic surge at the end though sometimes with these things but it won't deliver a miracle if it's still a bridge too far at that point. Making this USA only seems really self sabotaging.

Current rate is 100 backers a day, so this is going to fall short easily unless that changes. I think there can be a dramatic surge at the end though sometimes with these things but it won't deliver a miracle if it's still a bridge too far at that point. Making this USA only seems really self sabotaging.
It’s really unfortunate. Plus I think the advertising for this has been so poor. I’m sharing and posting the link to as many people as I possibly can but seriously, Tomy needs something to go viral fast.

I think so many Trek fans are totally unaware of this project.

Real shame.

I don't know how that saucer separation could be considered inaccurate since the only references for it are noncanon. Since Kerr was in on the restoration and is involved in this he might have seen some panel lines or detail which they used for conjecture. It does strongly resemble what Probert did with tbe Refit

Last edited:
I signed up for 2. One to display and one to put away

so......

1655069698787.gif

Last edited:
Wow, just learned about this today from fan discussion elsewhere. Tomy is really not getting this news out there at all.
For what it is, a mass produced product fully diecast & lit at 32", that price is a steal. These types of finished models are typically sold for significantly more.
Restricting this to US only is obviously a pretty major roadblock. As is their complete lack of marketing.
Gotta get the news out on this thing, I'll be absolutely heartbroken if it doesn't make it.

Wow, just learned about this today from fan discussion elsewhere. Tomy is really not getting this news out there at all.
For what it is, a mass produced product fully diecast & lit at 32", that price is a steal. These types of finished models are typically sold for significantly more.
Restricting this to US only is obviously a pretty major roadblock. As is their complete lack of marketing.
Gotta get the news out on this thing, I'll be absolutely heartbroken if it doesn't make it.
I totally agree! I am trying to do the same with getting the word out! Tomy is totally screwing this up.

It would be a real shame if the this campaign did not succeed...especially for the price!

I'm surprised how few people have signed up for these. I would think the Smithsonian could sell quite a few in the gift shop if they were available.

...sigh... it's depressing checking the Tomy site every day and only having a few more people backing it.

Can someone please order 4,500 of these.

Yeah I've given up too. I think part of the reason is Tomy did such a horrible job advertising the campaign. Plus not including Canada or Mexico was a wasted opportunity. I can understand not including Europe for shipping costs, but Canada and Mexico? They're already part of the Northern Hemisphere so why not include them?

And with San Diego Comicon coming up, why not kick off the campaign and show off your product there? All the others did. Including the Unobtainum nightmare. LOL The incredible melting Enterprise. They nearly got me.

It's not Looking good.
Unfortunately you are 100% right. What a wasted opportunity, especially at this price point. Very hard to come by a replica ship of this quality…die-cast metal, electronics, painted…at this large scale at this price. Oh well. Sigh, just not meant to be.

It's averaging 52 people a day right now, they need that to change to 192 people a day at this point. Nearly 4X the current rate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back