Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

Oh, die cast means impossible to have nacelle droop! LOL I expect this to be about like the higher end pre built die cast aircraft, they are not going to impress the serious modeler but display well none the less.

US only and they expect to actually get 5,000 people?

Yeah I dunno.

I got in on this Haslabs Galactus nervous it wouldn't make it and it went nuts with supporters.

That's Marvel with it's rabid fan/toy base collectors global.

This is 100 TOS fans for each state that would need to be in on this. Doesn't
seem too hard for expendable income GenX and Boomers to toss down on it.
Maybe the diecast world will help. lots of diecast collectors.
At that price though, if I had to get in on two to make it happen I would.

Thanks for sharing this!!! At the price offered I am so in! Not sure how they can do something like this for 600 bucks but at that price it is so worth it!!

I know that's a prototype being shown but it would be nice if the secondary hull was lit.

Just signed up and committed to buying! They are taking orders now! Anyone signed up yet??!! Hope this gets funded. I kinda doubt it will. 5000 is a lot for a franchise not that popular anymore.

If they had charged 1200.00 at 2500 committed I think that would have been doable…5000 is asking a lot.

But I really hope this gets funded.

Anybody else seen this? Basically a die cast version of the Master Replicas Model, but with an open Shuttle bay & visible Bridge.
I already Have a fine MR Enterprise - I'd be sorely tempted if they had chosen the original 3 foot model to replicate - I've never seen that one modeled before.

Thoughts?

I was hoping for a few more details when it went live. Is there an internal armature, or is the diecast metal stiff enough to support everything? Can you take it off the display stand? Where do the batteries go?

If this is successful would there be other models in the future? I'd give a lot for a diecast refit Enterprise.

I can't say I'm fond of the seam around the upper edge of the saucer, but it's a whole lot better than the jigsaw monster that is the Eaglemoss Hero Enterprise-D (which I started and bailed on after about six months).

Its not bad for $600 but they have a long way to go to get to 3 Million dollars.Its only 5K orders so it could happen.

I can't say I'm fond of the seam around the upper edge of the saucer, but it's a whole lot better than the jigsaw monster that is the Eaglemoss Hero Enterprise-D (which I started and bailed on after about six months).
That is a prototype so hopefully that will be corrected when/if they build it.

Overall I'm impressed with the prototype. I really hope this comes through. It's a long shot but I am hoping.

Yeah, there are a few things about this model that trouble -- mainly the seam around the saucer, though to be fair that is a pretty typical problem with this design, and the joint along the neck for the saucer separation (a feature which does not interest me in the slightest). That said I am tempted to throw in my lot to see if we can make it happen as I have serious doubts about their numbers.

Looks like there is another thread--we can merge and become "One". YAaaaaay brotheeerrrrrr...

Yeah, there are a few things about this model that trouble -- mainly the seam around the saucer, though to be fair that is a pretty typical problem with this design, and the joint along the neck for the saucer separation (a feature which does not interest me in the slightest). That said I am tempted to throw in my lot to see if we can make it happen as I have serious doubts about their numbers.
I have serious doubts as well. I just don't think Star Trek is popular enough to generate the numbers to get this produced. I could be wrong and to be honest hopefully I am because I would really love this to be produced.

If the people from the Smithsonian were consulted this could be an awesome piece.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back