Die Cast Lighted 1/350th TOS Enterprise (TOMY crowd funded)

You could be right, it might look way better ! :lol: ;)
I'm using Aztek Dummy masks for painting my Polar Lights TOS kit... they'd work fine on the Tomy if you should do a major re-painting.
20231211_174538.jpg

Has anyone by chance popped the buzzard domes to replace the orange with clear frosted ones? I've thouht about it, as I find them to be just too reddish.

My final l thoughts.

I like it. Sorry for rambling.

No saucer stick. No outside bigger stand. Perfectly sturdy

Returned one light not working saucer and received perfect replacement.

They failed to mention returning it in original packaging, that the replacement would not be returned original packaging. Emailed and mentioned they did not mention and they sent a original shipper.

Happy

I had a missing plug in the dorsal / neck part and they asked me to send it back. I got a U-haul box and a 4x8 one in. thick board of Styrofoam and packaged it up myself. Well they shipped it back in an original shipping box. So now I have an extra box. I don't know if I should keep it or what. If it were small I would keep it just in case someone needed a shipping box in the future, but this thing is huge.

I sent one of my hulls back for a defective light on the rear of the hull. I sent it the original outer plain box with some foam and bubble wrap I had laying around. I hope it made it there ok. They received it two days ago. Haven't heard anything from Tomy. I hope they haven't ran out. Probably just being impatient.

I had a missing plug in the dorsal / neck part and they asked me to send it back. I got a U-haul box and a 4x8 one in. thick board of Styrofoam and packaged it up myself. Well they shipped it back in an original shipping box. So now I have an extra box. I don't know if I should keep it or what. If it were small I would keep it just in case someone needed a shipping box in the future, but this thing is huge.

Someone here will want to snag it.

Curious what my saucer will come back in. The still haven't shipped it yet. But when asked they gave me the tracking number for it and said soon.

Curious what my saucer will come back in. The still haven't shipped it yet. But when asked they gave me the tracking number for it and said soon.
It's takes like three weeks to get a return...

I was also thinking maybe painting some of the buzzard red lights orange to soften the red a bit. If I can get at them, that is.

There are just red, green and blue in there. lights in there. Should be amber/orange as you say. But I don't think painting them would work. Maybe breaking off a red one or two and soldering an amber/orange one on there...

IMG_4998.jpeg
IMG_4999.jpeg
IMG_5001.jpeg

Because of my involvement with the making of the TOMY 1:350 Enterprise ( I sent them photos of my personal build as well as suggestions for colors and lighting) , I received my very own ship.
The model is heavy!
I was happy to see they followed my paint colors and even most of my lighting suggestions!
As someone who has built more than I care to remember, I can honestly say those who purchased the kit did so at a bargain! It’s well made And I am glad I was part of its conception!
TOMY MARK MYERS.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 1770616View attachment 1770617View attachment 1770618
Because of my involvement with the making of the TOMY 1:350 Enterprise ( I sent them photos of my personal build as well as suggestions for colors and lighting) , I received my very own ship.
The model is heavy!
I was happy to see they followed my paint colors and even most of my lighting suggestions!
As someone who has built more than I care to remember, I can honestly say those who purchased the kit did so at a bargain! It’s well made And I am glad I was part of its conception!
View attachment 1770615View attachment 1770625
WOW! Awesome thank you for your contributions!! And congrats on your TOMY Enterprise!!! Welcome to the ownership club!!

Have you heard of any future Trek projects? More 1/350 ships coming in the future! I think many here want TOMY to make a REFIT! Plus other ships as well! : )

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back