Did you win a Halloween costume countest this year ?

I wore my Optimus Prime to 3 contests. I "tied" a guy who competed wearing a superman t shirt while sitting in a wheelchair AKA Christopher Reeve. Then I lost to a real midget that was dressed as an oompa Loompa, then I won another vs. a girl dressed in a skimpy Mermaid costume. These Bar Costume contests suck because they are all done based on crowd applause and held around midnight when everyone is crap-faced. The DJ's always say "hey, if you brought plenty of buds with you, then you have a chance" cause it's based on crowd applause. I never like to brag about my costumes but when it came to the work that I put into Optimus vs. the lack of work and appearance of the competition it's just not right. In the past when I have lost, as was the case this year, there are always tons of people that are saying to me "hey, that contest must have been rigged, your costume was incredible! By the way...can I get a picture with you?". At least I was able to win a couple of contests.

008-5.jpg

I do not have pictures from the contests.

Paul

Master Dahark,

Much thanks. I don't think the contests are rigged. Bar costume contests can turn out to be more of a popularity contest. The more friends you bring, the more crowd noise you get, thus you win. As I said in the previous post, the dJ at one of the contests just kept repeating to the crowd..."It really doesn't matter how good your costume is as long as you have plenty of friends to cheer for you". Must have said it 3-4 times over the speaker system. Ridiculous.

After the guy with the Chris Reeves costume tied and was given his cash, he had about 10-12 buds come up on stage and get pictures with him. That is alot of buds and alot of noise!

Paul

Whilst I didn't win, as I was the judge, I managed to make several people feel very uncomfortable whilst I was around them!

zombie.png

Well I didn't win my Halloween costume contest at work (it was based on the opinion of three old ladies who picked a crappy Jim Morrison and a store-bought Fred Flintstone instead), but I was pretty proud of my Despicable Me Minion costumes that I made!

Yes at work, but my department always wins.

Now they just buy us lunch, whereas we used to get gift cards.
3224cc9d.jpg

I did not get to do any halloween contests due to a bruised rib, but I did win Best of Show at RealmsCon for my outcast power armor and my buddies vault suit that I made for him. I made all the props as well. It was fun.:)
311059_2020030790313_1530238428_31594003_1169308116_n.jpg

Amazing! You all deserved to win. I lost last year to a guy that made a very bad cardboard transformer
Tank. I was wearing full Ghostbusters costume with proton pack and ghost trap... Oh well

nah.. came third place, won a drink in the bar =P
374750_282011261831272_100000672000861_949765_498650326_n.jpg

Allthough my brother DID win the competition.. imagin all the braging I have to endure now for the rest of the year.

this is him:
380214_282011318497933_100000672000861_949766_309404659_n.jpg

My cousin won our own intern countest, absolutly justifed according to me!
Raoul Duke, from Fear and loathing in las vegas.
319665_282010528498012_100000672000861_949753_377039099_n.jpg

he did have the hat to, but the fact that he shaved his head shows that he goes in for the part!

Is that a prosthetic? That almost looks real..it did the job because that is scary looking...great job

Yeah, it was an adapted Nimba Creations 'Exposed teeth' along with a Shredded nose tip.
Essentially the top row of teeth didn't sit right, so i trimmed them out, leaving a ragged 'hole' where my top lip was. I then painted my top lip with red and black nimba paints, then smeared the excellent fake blood along, leaving a nasty fresh bloodied flesh look.

From a distance, it looked like I was missing the majority of my mouth, which was an excellent effect :)

This is my first post ever!, but I did win first place with my Obi-Wan!
I wanted to thank all of you, in these forums, for the great tips you give.

Did 3 contests came in third in one, Grand prize in the second, and didn't even get into the top four of the third. Bunch of naked girls in the third contest so you can't really say" But, Look at how accurate my Mark IV abs are!!!" Yeah that doesn't work. Total take was $400 and my wife and I had a good time.

This is my first post ever!, but I did win first place with my Obi-Wan!
I wanted to thank all of you, in these forums, for the great tips you give.

Welcome to the board! Great costume. I love the bearded young Obi-wan look!

We went to three parties and took 1st at all three! :)
This is the first year for the Slimer costume. I carved it out out polyfoam and spray painted it. My wife was a sport to wear the it.

SlimerCostume.jpg

SlimerCostume2.jpg

SlimerCostume1.jpg

I won best costume at my friends party, was the first time i made my costume so it wasnt amazing... but a great learning experience so hopefully my next costume I make is that much better!

(I didnt have time to finish it how i wanted to so I decided to make it look like mega man just got done in battle)

299515_10150327926146680_507896679_8414928_964474021_n.jpg

Time for my first post here!
I won a contest with my Captain Jack Sparrow costume:
P1160770p.jpg

Most of my gear is home-made and the things I buy (like the rings and the weapons) I usually end up modifying in different ways.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back