Diamond Select Toys - Back to the Future

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Diamond Select has already released a licensed Flux Capacitor and Outatime licence plate, and now pictured on www.bttf.com they are soon ready to release a licensed holographic hat from part II.
It is hinted that DST will be doing the Hoverboard next - though I really could not be happier with the one I have now, I will end up buying thiers if it meets my standards.
What I really want to see is Marty Jr's jacket.

I would be happy to buy a cheaper but slightly less accurate but totally recognizable flux capacitor to display at the office. :thumbsup

EDIT
Just checked.
Ouch, still kind of pricey, guess they can only do so much.

Guess the other stuff will be on par with that pricing.

Last edited:
I wonder, since Mattel will be releasing a PKE replica soon, if this will open the door for other franchises and more replicas.

I really don't see Mattel letting another company put their logo on a product.

I wonder, since Mattel will be releasing a PKE replica soon, if this will open the door for other franchises and more replicas.

I really don't see Mattel letting another company put their logo on a product.

Holy thread resurrection batman.
Can't find it on the site posted, but maybe because the thread is more than 1 1/2 yrs old.

Holy thread resurrection batman.
Can't find it on the site posted, but maybe because the thread is more than 1 1/2 yrs old.

Haha, decided to dig through some old BTTF posts.

I would assume that Diamond Select has thought about trying to do a licensed replica board.

I don't know anything about how that whole process works, but there must be at least a couple companies that are trying/have tried to do it.

When it comes to BTTF replicas, DST is a major disappointment.

sarni1000 said:
I would assume that Diamond Select has thought about trying to do a licensed replica board.
After doing all these inaccurate BTTF replicas, when asked why won't they do a Hoverboard replica; they said if they can't get it right all the way through, i.e. not able to have the Mattel logo, they rather not it do at all. What a joke .

So they couldn't just replace the logo area with a red circle, I am sure fans won't mind putting their own custom Mattel sticker over it, as long as the whole Hoverboard replica is screen accurate.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back