Destiny help

WilsonUndead

Hi, new member here!
Just because, I'll give you a quick background on my costuming history; I've been building my own costumes for Halloween for roughly the last 10 years. Never been to a con or anything, never worked with foam or pep, but have lately been getting really interested in foam armour builds, and I've been gathering research, resources, and materials to start building a Destiny Titan (for myself), Warlock (for the wife) and hopefully a hunter (for 4 year old daughter lol).

So, my question is, looking at the Titan, his ass is armoured..... Soooo how do you go about making that while still being functional? Has anyone done something like this? I've seen all the Destiny builds here and the 405th, seems like most just wear pants, but I kind of like the butt armour lol, just wondering if it's plausible or if I would be better off just leaving that in the game lol.
heres a picture for reference (googling destiny Titan butt surprisingly doesn't yield many good results lol)
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 145
Use foam sheets. Just work out your template using low tack tape, and cut the foam to size. Glue to pants using a contact adhesive. Foam will be super flexible.

Ah ok, so I was kind of thinking that, just gluing it onto the pants in sections as opposed to one piece so it can still move.
question on that, it obviously depends on the material I choose for the pants, but wouldn't foam have a hard time sticking to pants, especially in a high traffic area like butt and thighs? Maybe sewing them on as well as gluing?
Theres another section similar on the arms for the gauntlets I want where it looks like one solid piece going from possibly wrist to above the elbow, and since the elbow has to move, this becomes a problem. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate obviously, I could break it into two sections, I was just curious if there was like a common technique for this kind of thing with foam.
thanks for the replies!

Material used doesn't matter. The glued foam prevents the material from stretching like it did before. This is why you need to make the gaps a little wider. Foam won't peel off unless you use considerable force, or the bond is weak. You cannot sew foam, unless you use an edging material, and even then, it is likely to tear through the sides. I would need to see an image of your arm problem to offer alternative suggestions, but generally, you can section the foam in strips to accommodate a bend.

I'd suggest just using a butt towel that actually covers the butt, then you wouldn't have to worry about it. Something like the Mark of the Pilgrim Guard
Mark_of_the_Pilgrim_Guard.jpg

Just make a butt plate using some floor mat, or maybe thinner craft foam. Seal with heat, plastidip and then paint and seal with an elastomeric roof sealant for durability.

That's actual the mark I plan to use lol so I guess in reality the butt armour doesn't matter much, it was just more that I wanted it to be close to accurate.

So I guess the easiest route is don't do it, but if I decide to do it just make sure the gaps are wide enough apart that the material has ample room to stretch. Ok. I'm not married to the exact butt armour design anyways I could always do a simpler variation of it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back