Destination STAR TREK London 2012

ob1al

Sr Member
Tried a search but didn't see anything so forgive me if this has already been posted.

Star Trek London | 19th - 21st October

5captains.jpg

Is anyone else planning to attend this 3 day event in October?

Just announced today was all 5 Captains onstage at the same time.

My buddy and I are planning a road trip to meet Shatner.:thumbsup

Got my ticket today, it starts just after my birthday so I will be on holiday and can go to all three days :) I have already met all the captains but I might go for a piece of art with all of them on.

I just tentatively showed my wife this thread, expecting the usual fobbing off etc, but she thinks it's a really great idea!!! So, I think we are going!!! WooHOO!

What ticket options are you guys going for? The standard 3 day ones?

The Gold option seems to have a lot of cool extras included it aint cheap. I don't think I need a goodie bag and signed card that much. I'd like to get there for the opening ceremony and 5 Captain's talk on the Friday, but I'm think that will be an optional extra you'd have to pay for on the day?

We're looking at the three day tickets @£49 each. That would seem like amazingly good value, even if you went for ONE day! You'd pay that to see a concert and buy a tee-shirt after the gig...Plus you can strategically choose what days and times to attend and still fit other things into the weekend.

I am wondering what the HELL the £2,999 VIP ticket offers!!! Do you get to sleep with a captain of your choice??? Have dinner with them??? What could POSSIBLY be worth that kind of money?

I'm already looking for flights as I type :lol (y)thumbsup

Get ready for few ****-ups :lol

We really should get this thread transfered to the main forum & make this an RPF get-together at the same time too.

I'm not bringing the Mrs., but neither do I want to be there like a solitary geerd (geek/nerd :lol)

I also read on the website that it is possible to have a presence at the event / booth. Maybe the RPF can ?

I read that, too. I was going to post about it but completely forgot! :facepalm

I think that it's a great idea, but no one in the UK has the authority to set it up/run it...

And a booth would not be the only expensive thing :cry

Just finished looking into flights / hotac / ticket etc etc.

No way I can pull this off without eating into my prop budget or contingency fund, and much as it pains me beyond belief, I won't be irresponsible :(

If this would have been next year, when the youngest and last of the kids finishes school (after 16 + years X 3 kids of pumping dough into their education, total freedom is final coming :lol), then maybe.

Not this year I'm afraid :cry

The missus and me talked about this last night,hopefully gonna go,maybe we should invent a RPF handshake or a secret signal so we can spot each other

The missus and me talked about this last night,hopefully gonna go,maybe we should invent a RPF handshake or a secret signal so we can spot each other

Or, alternatively, wear your R.P.F. tee-shirt, if you have one! I will be. Especially if I get any pics with celebs. It would make a great thread.

I'm in! Only for the Saturday though, staying in London is a bit too expensive for me!

Coming with my brother and best buddy, all Trek geeks. Would love to meet some of you cool rpf guys there!

With just the 5 captains announced its going to be a good event. The organisers are good at getting trek people over (I think they have 5 or 6 already at other events this year) so I am hopeful that the final line up will be great :) I'm only missing 3 or 4 of the main crew from all series so fingers crossed they they get some from my hit list

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back