derek costume from Bad Taste need a New Zealander to help me out

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by camiziodeltoro, Apr 21, 2015.

1. camiziodeltoro

camiziodeltoro New Member

mistakenly I had already posted this request in the movietalks forum, but it seemed more appropriate here:

Hi all,
    This may seem somewhat awkward, but I have been trying to set up an account at a new zealand auctionsite called trademe.co.nz with no luck.
    Apparantly they only allow New Zealanders and Australians as members. Since I am in the Netherlands, this is not very convenient.
    Now why would one want such a thing you might ask? See, I am trying to make a Derrik costume thatPeter Jackson wore in his first movie Bad Taste:
    In that movie he also carried a vinyl newman travelbag around where he had his uzi stuck in.
    See the scene at 16:44 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAMsNSPTFM8
    Seems like these bags are nowhere to be found except in new Zealand, where they are being ut on auction sites like forementioned rademe.co.nz
    I have found one on there from this seller for only 10$ : http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=876613156

My question now is. Would any New Zealnd member of the RPF be interested in buying this for me, so I can buy it from them?
    I will of course pay for all costs involved.
    It would greatly help me out finishing this costume idea.

Thanks in advance

2. Blaxmyth

Blaxmyth Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just grabbed it for you! It's late here and I've got work in the morning, so I'll be in contact via PM. Cheers! Phil

Killtime likes this.
  3. Blaxmyth

And just paid for it! :D

4. camiziodeltoro

You're the greatest!!!

5. Blaxmyth

It's arrived! Did you get my PM? It's in great condition, and all bubble-wrapped. I'll find out how much to post if you can get back to me with your address. Cheers, Phil

6. Blaxmyth

Hi there. Still waiting to hear from you. PMs sent. Don't worry, I won't go getting rid of it! :D

7. camiziodeltoro

Thank God. PM'ed you back.

8. camiziodeltoro

The newman's bag arrived!!!! Great stuff. As soon as I finish knitting the scarf I will post some pictures on the RPF

9. VilleLeskinen

VilleLeskinen Sr Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yey for Derek! Looking forward to your build! :thumbsup

"It wasn't me! Barry shot him! He had the Magnum!" :lol