Deprecated delete please

Re: Star Lord Quad Blasters (kit by Joatrash & Morganthirteen)

While waiting for casting to happen, for those in a hurry, I am considering opening up a set or two of fully 3d printed Quad Blaster kits- essentially copies of the casting master. They would have hollowed-out areas to allow for electronics and a moving trigger.

This is a parts breakdown of one blaster:

quadgun.jpg

This shows some of the details in closeup:
details.jpg

I've been very hesitant to release these parts to the public, in part due to the time it takes to do them (one complete set can take 2-4 weeks to produce) but I need to source some supplies and am willing to discuss the idea with interested parties that I can trust. The set wouldn't be cheap- probably around 650 with shipping, but that's still half of (or even less) than what a place like Sh*peways would charge for making these parts in their cheap nylon, and the quality will be better. PM me if interested.

Count me in for a cast pair when they are ready.

hey Joe. small question If I may. could I have the handle's diverted to someone else If I pay the extra shipping charge?

hey Joe. small question If I may. could I have the handle's diverted to someone else If I pay the extra shipping charge?

Might be easier to send the whole kit to a different address but ping me when we get going and we'll figure something out. (This is still a ways off due to prior projects taking more time than expected.)

Might be easier to send the whole kit to a different address but ping me when we get going and we'll figure something out. (This is still a ways off due to prior projects taking more time than expected.)

I'm actually glad I have more time. thanks Joe. we can work It out when the time get's closer...

Still waitiing on this and Vera

Vera is now top priority for Morganthirteen- he's even got a dedicated section of workshop devoted to it. It's been a long project- much longer than I even thought it'd be but damn if Vera isn't a difficult dame to handle!

After that, attention will go to this kit. All the 3d master parts and everything are done (as you can see above). Just have to find time to assemble, finish and cast it. (Luckily this is a much simpler build than Vera!) I've at least begun assembling two 3d prints in the meantime you you'll be able to see the final completed set soon(ish). So much Star Lord, so little time.

Edited the first post to reflect the current status.

Hey everyone!

BIG bit of news here. Shawn and I have decided to move this kit UP in the pipeline. Vera is taking a lot of effort to master and he needs a break from it. So, since the Quad blasters will be much quicker we decided to get this run done first.

So this will be happening over the next couple of months.

YES! I'm definitely in for a set of two(2)! Thanks for the update.

edit. never mind...

Last edited:

Please add me to the list for a set of two I f that's OK :)

I'm very tempted to pick up a kit, maybe a pair.
What was the final price for a pair and do you have a target completion date for the kits?

Thanks

I'm very tempted to pick up a kit, maybe a pair.
What was the final price for a pair and do you have a target completion date for the kits?
Thanks

Final price has not been established. Count on 350-400 or thereabouts for the full set. No target date yet- as I said, but they're obviously not going to be ready for the summer cons. Our other big collaboration project is finally nearing completion so it shouldn't be too long. I have to send some more parts over to the US as well.

We don't want to rush things, but they'll be worth the wait.

Final price has not been established. Count on 350-400 or thereabouts for the full set. No target date yet- as I said, but they're obviously not going to be ready for the summer cons. Our other big collaboration project is finally nearing completion so it shouldn't be too long. I have to send some more parts over to the US as well.

We don't want to rush things, but they'll be worth the wait.

Joe. does that mean Shawn's switched back over to doing the Vera's? just curious..

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back