Deprecated delete please

Re: Star Lord Quad Blasters (kit by Joatrash & Morganthirteen)

Morganthirteen just got the final tweaked parts for the front of the blasters. I can't give you a time frame but I'd guess maybe a couple months. They ARE happening and they WILL be spectacular and worth the wait. I just don't want to make time promises that I'm not sure of.

Yep, you can add me to that club too.

Any news on the blaster kits?

Thanks

Interested...here is the last set I painted. Your handles look much more accurate so I'm interested in seeing how I can do with yours...

Those guns literally have me like a deer In headlight's. your a master painter GF.
Thank you!
The new Joe Trash kits look to be incredible, I'd love to get my hands on them...but admittedly, the thought of going through that Hydrographic dipping process again gives me a headache!

Great job designing this kit to all who are involved.[emoji4]

Interested...here is the last set I painted. Your handles look much more accurate so I'm interested in seeing how I can do with yours...

Haha, I spend a LOT of time with the handles. There are a few asymmetical ergonomic curves in them that are a bit hard to get right. Great finish on those by the way. Alclad... Humbrol's metalcote... or something else?

These are still a couple months away. M13 has all the parts but is finishing up Vera.

If anyone is in rush to get a set i CAN still do the hollow, all-printed ones with the working trigger. PM me to discuss current pricing on those.

//Joe

I'd like a "heavy" set.
Also I can offer finishing if the OP does not.

These are definitely the blasters I have been sitting on my hands waiting for, I am sure they will be worth it.

They're coming along! Morganthirteen is just REALLY busy doing various propwork. But they WILL be worth the wait.

Also, for those in more of a hurry I DO take limited commissions to do the "deluxe" all-printed version (essentially the same as the casting master) which has hollow channels for adding electronics as well as a moving trigger. (Note however that they take a few weeks to make and therefore cost $600...)

It's slow going with Firefly's Vera still being and I doubt this will really get going before next year BUT for those that are impatient, I'm considering offering a bit of a compromise: A limited run (maybe 5 to start) of fully printed kits for around the same cost as the resin ones are likely to land: $400. This kit would be a hybrid 100/200 micron print instead of the pure 100 micron on all parts that I usually do. (100 microns is 0.1mm there is an image in my photo gallery that compares 100 to 200) I would print the smaller detail pieces (greeblies and "bronze" parts) at 100 and the larger ones (top and bottom barrel-shrouds, handles) at 200. The 200 micron parts will require more sanding and filler, but since they are large flat surfaces it will not be too bad to smooth out. (I'll keep the smaller pieces high-res because they are harder to work with. It's the nooks and details that are problematic.)

Pros:
- super lightweight (good for the odd holster config that Star Lord has)
- hollow channels for electronics
- choose to assemble one gun with open or closed heat-sink configuration.
- moving trigger
- easier to paint individual parts

Cons:
- needs more sanding and more coats of spray filler/primer
- needs more assembly

Each kit would still take (at least) a couple weeks to print but the cost is still significantly lower (per print hour) than I'd usually ask. Due to the long manufacture time I don't want to commit to more that 5 at a time, done on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact me via PM if interested.

It's slow going with Firefly's Vera still being and I doubt this will really get going before next year BUT for those that are impatient, I'm considering offering a bit of a compromise: A limited run (maybe 5 to start) of fully printed kits for around the same cost as the resin ones are likely to land: $400. This kit would be a hybrid 100/200 micron print instead of the pure 100 micron on all parts that I usually do. (100 microns is 0.1mm there is an image in my photo gallery that compares 100 to 200) I would print the smaller detail pieces (greeblies and "bronze" parts) at 100 and the larger ones (top and bottom barrel-shrouds, handles) at 200. The 200 micron parts will require more sanding and filler, but since they are large flat surfaces it will not be too bad to smooth out. (I'll keep the smaller pieces high-res because they are harder to work with. It's the nooks and details that are problematic.)

Pros:
- super lightweight (good for the odd holster config that Star Lord has)
- hollow channels for electronics
- choose to assemble one gun with open or closed heat-sink configuration.
- moving trigger
- easier to paint individual parts

Cons:
- needs more sanding and more coats of spray filler/primer
- needs more assembly

Each kit would still take (at least) a couple weeks to print but the cost is still significantly lower (per print hour) than I'd usually ask. Due to the long manufacture time I don't want to commit to more that 5 at a time, done on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact me via PM if interested.
Personally, I believe a mastered casting will be worth the wait.

Personally, I believe a mastered casting will be worth the wait.

Well I guess it depends on what your priorities are. if you just want to prime'n'paint (Morganthirteens castings usually need very little prep work) then the cast versions are best, but if you want a working trigger, the ability to add electronics and have the gun look like it was made of separate pieces like a real weapon, then the all-printed might be the way to go. (And if you plan on wearing them on your hip in one of those flimsy Star Lord holsters, the printed versions will likely weigh less.)

Well I guess it depends on what your priorities are. if you just want to prime'n'paint (Morganthirteens castings usually need very little prep work) then the cast versions are best, but if you want a working trigger, the ability to add electronics and have the gun look like it was made of separate pieces like a real weapon, then the all-printed might be the way to go. (And if you plan on wearing them on your hip in one of those flimsy Star Lord holsters, the printed versions will likely weigh less.)
How many parts will the kit be cast in?
This is definitely a double edged sword. All separate pieces make for a better look and more streamlined paint job but resin cast parts that won't require mastering before paint is a tremendous advantage.

How many parts will the kit be cast in?
This is definitely a double edged sword. All separate pieces make for a better look and more streamlined paint job but resin cast parts that won't require mastering before paint is a tremendous advantage.

I can't actually say yet (not my dept) but I would guess about 3 parts per pistol. (Top shroud/barrel, Bottom shroud/barrel and grip). Maybe with smaller lower barrel greeblie-pieces separate. Again, that's just me guessing.

The "mastering" we're talking about here is using filler-primer instead of regular primer, then sanding. For anyone around here that has built their fair share of resin kits, it isn't really more work than many common cast kits. (Morganthirteen's castings are phenomenal so they require very little prep before paint!) In fact, besides Shawn's kits, I've barely touched resin since I started printing myself because I find prints easier to work with than resin for the most part unless they've been expertly cast.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back