Definitive ANH Falcon Interior

wow amazing, you have selected great camera views
each scene is really well rendered
do you have plan to put colors on ?

Wow. Just amazing.

thanks!

......so amazing:eek Realy love the grey color.

Yeah, there is something appealing about it totally monochromatic like this.

Holy crap, it's like standing right there inside the falcon looking around. That could easily be a Cgi set

thanks!

wow amazing, you have selected great camera views
each scene is really well rendered
do you have plan to put colors on ?

Once all the details are done, yes. I'm probably... oh 3/4 done with all the details. And to make matters worse, I keep going back to retouch and rebuild stuff... one day I'll be one... one day.

Holy falcon cave , I really am missing the giant popcorn pillows from ANH
Very very cool

yeah, too bad the bags went out after ESB.

Oh beautiful & all in my favourite shade of primer too

.....mmmmm.....primer

J

yep. Kind of a shame to actually texture it all in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow Steve!

You are one prolific modeler! Great work as always.
I just checked out your blog, Nice work on the T-70 X-wing too.
I also downloaded you older Cockpit file. Absolutely beautiful work!...you are too hard on yourself.
I hope you dont mind if I lift some of your buttons and switches , I am finally getting back to my 1/12 X-wing project.
I'm going to try and emulate the ep.IV ANH version of the full size set piece for the big X
Thank you so much for sharing, very generous of you.
I think I'll put up a 3D/CGI version of the X-wing Cockpit for downloads when its done.

I know you use Sketch-Up, what software are you using for your Camera-Matching and Photogrametry?
The Gun Turrets Look Great! I am amazed at what you were able to discern given that there is such little reference.

thanks!

the photogrammetry is native to Sketchup. It's clunky, but it works.

Don't trust any of those old button placements, or colors. That cockpit model was five years, two jobs, and a baby ago...

Great stuff SteveStarkiller! The monotone images really brings out the detail of the set clearly. The Falcon interior never looked better. But what, no medical bay? ;)

They seem to updated and add some new stuff from the movie. Like new bed and several others.
1273522_914160415297994_8220550521119192543_o.jpg
Its an interesting view but like the previous cross sections, are not the source for the best accuracy i think.

-Angel

Last edited:
Yes, it fails to take into account the reducing cross section of the outer sections and the various hull penetrations (aka 'holes') such as the aft-starboard decoy & countermeasures launch system... heh-heh! Still, very pretty!

I also like the reference to being a 'tug' since that gives credence to the big engines and the mandible structures.

Regards, Robert

On seeing early set photos I did wonder why they seem to have changed the proportions and shape of the Med-bunk. After seing the movie we know why: to make Chewie fit in it.:eek

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. By looking at those images you really have to remind yourself that they aren't touchable. Those light effects are great!

Brand new to the RPF and this is the coolest thing I could possibly imagine. Makes me want to start building! The absolute first thing I want to do is re-pop some falcon corridor wall lights. In my opinion it's these with the white padding and perforated steel floors that scream Millenium Falcon. I'm relatively sure the sconce unit is the housing for an explosion proof light, but I can't find the right one anywhere, so I'm happy to model and 3D print and cast them, but I can't get the dimensions right. Ideas? Suggestions?
IMG_8500.png

Last edited:
This is the closest I've been able to find. Just the mounting housing, of course. There was a guy in Poland selling a bunch of them a while ago, but the post is now outdated and I don't speak Polish...

The lighted ring/square (square in ANH, ring thereafter) is probably some kind of thin stamped plate? Maybe custom?
l1-.jpg

The lights also change color based on..... mode? takeoff/landing/emergency? different colors?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back