Limited Run Death Star detention center dome lights! polished aluminium and resin

I don’t know. Unlike the lights, needle bearings haven’t changed all that much in appearance over the years. It seems like something that might be easier to find vs. the cost to make a small number of replicas. I could be wrong though. I know folks are trying to be as accurate as possible.

If the real issue is that the sleeves on the original are strangely thin, I wonder if you could just make the sleeve and cap and find an appropriate stock bearing insert. If the originals really were just needle bearings, it would save you the effort of having to machine the positioning holes and make the pins.

I don’t know. Unlike the lights, needle bearings haven’t changed all that much in appearance over the years. It seems like something that might be easier to find vs. the cost to make a small number of replicas. I could be wrong though. I know folks are trying to be as accurate as possible.

If the real issue is that the sleeves on the original are strangely thin, I wonder if you could just make the sleeve and cap and find an appropriate stock bearing insert. If the originals really were just needle bearings, it would save you the effort of having to machine the positioning holes and make the pins.
I totaly agree with you, finding the correct bearings, if those are bearings, would be much simpler in the end. That being said, I don't personally have the time to look for those and they will probably take a very long time to find, if at all. Some people need those replicas at the moment and it's my job to provide them :)
I'm still not focused on that right now due to personal un-fun stuff end of last week and this week end and because I'm trying to finish the Relby run this week, but as soon as i'm working on this, I'll look into the different possibilities I can offer and will make sure to offer you guys something accurate first, but also a choice of an affordable partly resin version and a more expensive full metal version to try to make as many people happy as possible.
that's the best I can do :)
cheers

Bumping this thread as well in case people are following it,
I have made real good progress lately on the dome lights and they will finaly be released in about a couple weeks :)
White (FX only) lights will be released for the first time in this batch :)
make sure to keep track here as those lights go very fast when I release them!
cheers

Hi there,
so, I know I'm posting more on my other run right now, but this was the step that my wife handles, the polishing, so no worries, this was still being worked on, and it's almost finished!
so, we have all bezels finished:
IMG_20221118_174446.jpg

and most of the lenses, just had a bit of a delay on the blue ones
IMG_20221118_180951.jpg

so, my plan is to release all those at the same time as the split clamps run, at the end of the month.
quick note, I expect that those will go quickly again, I hope most of you will manage to order what you need. I can't do favors, sorry! please don't ask me to reserve things, it wouldn't be fair to those that don't ask, and, I'm already so busy with all the things I have to do!
Make sure to keep track of this thread, I will definitely be updating again and clearly saying when they will be released when they are ready.

lastly, I'm already preparing my mind to accept the fact that I'll be doing more of those. don't worry!
cheers

Hello guys,
This is my one day notice that the latest run of dome lights will be released tomorrow at the same time, 8PM Paris time!
The website will be closed before the release and open at 8PM as I have a lot of items to put in stock at the same time.
The Star Wars category on my website is becoming a bit crowded so I have added a separate category for the cameras and dome lights:

I have been adding quite a bit of greeblies and stuff to the Star Wars category lately and the Hoth scanner and bynocs parts are released tomorrow at the same time, feel free to browse in advance as the lights will probably go a bit quickly.

cheers!

hey guys, thank you for all the orders already!
of course, something needed to go wrong with all the things there was to do and the 10% discount expired without me noticing. I fixed this and I will refund the difference to everyone that ordered already and should have gotten that, I'm sorry!
cheers

hey guys,
thank you so much for all the quick orders last night!

it's always pretty hard to manage this run with all the color choices and the two types of bezels. So, I ran out of red lenses... I am working on doing more right away and have adjusted the stock accordingly. Please just consider that if you order lights from now on, it is a pre-order for the end of the week.

cheers!

Hey there,
all orders have been sent during the week and you should have received your tracking number by mail :)
if anyone didn't receive a tracking number, it can happen, please check your spam folder and if not, send me a message :)

surprisingly, there are still a couple of each color available on the website. If you are interested in them, don't wait too long before someone else grabs them.
I now have extras of all lenses, it's always difficult to handle the end of the stock with all the colors, don't hesitate to contact me if you don't find what you want in stock.

I am taking my first week end/hollidays in 3 years this week end to go grab a pile of cool stuff at a friend's home. Any order now will be dispatched at the begining of next week.
cheers

bumping this, can't believe I still have some lights in stock! those are normally gone in a matter of minutes!
don't miss your chance, last time I released some was a year ago and we never know when I'll have time to do more!

Hi there,
there is basically one light left of each color and style in stock, if you need a different amount of a color, please just contact me and I'll make it happen, the lenses are not attached for the last ones in stock to get more possibilities in the end :)
again, last ones for a while now! get them while you can!
cheers

bumping this, still a very few lights left in stock on my website, if you need those, grab them now before they sell out, I'll be super busy in the next months with bigger runs and will not have time to do more for a good while!
don't hesitate to contact me if you need different colors of what is currently listed in stock.
cheers

Hey there,
if someone called Sean S reads this, your package is ready and I have sent you your tracking number by email but I will not be able to dispatch your package this morning as it started snowing seriously here and I don't think the postman will pass by today, so hopefully tomorrow, sorry!

everyone, just 4 lights left in stock!
cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back