dealing with tiny led wires

centech

I'm having a hell of a time trying to wire up pico leds in a model I'm working on. Anyone have a good way to strip the wires for connecting? I've been scraping them with an xacto but it doesn't work great and I seem to tear/cut them half the time.

They also seem to be really finicky about making contact to eachother and/or battery leads. Like.. I'll have 4 leds mounted that all work fine individually.. I'll solder all the blacks and reds together, and when I apply battery power to the soldered bundles only 1or 2 leds will light. It's driving me crazy!! xD

Thanks!

assuming you are using the tiny thin magnet wire? try using a lighter to burn the ends then use fine grit sandpaper to remove the excess off until it's clean and shiny on both sides. this might help? it always works for me and I use them a lot.

You've got a current limiting resistor in series with each LED right? If not, what you are describing is almost certain to happen.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back