Days of Thunder!

Jmo7

This is an actuall 100% authentic one of a kind suit made for the set in Days of Thunder

As some may know I race my self and I am located in the heartland of Nascar

000_0480.jpg

000_0478.jpg
:D

Heres a photo of the character on Daytona beach with this suit

DaysofThunderSuit.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(UFO @ Jul 27 2006, 03:21 AM) [snapback]1288581[/snapback]</div>
wow. very cool.
i live in daytona myself, and have always wanted a prop from DoT...
very neat.
[/b]

Yeh, in the bottom picture, Don Simpson standing to the left is wearing the suit his name in the movie was Aldo Benedette.

To the right is I believe Jerry Buckhiemer if I spelled it right, I think he now plays on CSI or 24 I am not sure

Don Simpson died at the age of 52 of natural causes, so its an honor to be able to race in this suit, luckily I run asphalt tracks instead of dirt so it wont get dirty.

Jerry Bruckheimer is the producer of movies and series like Pirates Of Carribean, Pearl Harbor, National Treasure, Armageddon, Con Air, The Rock, King Arthur, Black Hawk Down, Gone in Sixty Seconds, Enemy of the State, Bad Boys, ... and series like CSI (and it spin-ofs), Without a Trace, Cold Case, .. .

Very big these days :)

Wow. Great score. Your lucky your the same size as the actor..

Was it screen used?

I thought Greased Lightning with Richard Prior was the best race movie.. :p

FB

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Jul 27 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]1288759[/snapback]</div>
Wow. Great score. Your lucky your the same size as the actor..

Was it screen used?

I thought Greased Lightning with Richard Prior was the best race movie.. :p

FB
[/b]

I'll have to check out that movie I've never seen it

One movie that'll be a must see is, Talledega Nights the Ballet of Ricky Bobby with Will Ferrell

This is actually 1 of 2 suits made for Don Simpson for the movie set Days of Thunder I remember seeing a white one just like this one but I havent got to walmart yet to grab a DVD and check out the screen shots yet, I seen a pict on the net with Simpson in a white goodys suit so I am not exactly sure but it is an authentic fireproof race suit made by Simpson race products

The movie is losely based on Wendell Scott. He was the first black man to race cars. It's pretty funny. I remember seeing it at a drive in when it came out.

My dad used to go to Watkins Glen in the 70's when I was younger. He has about a million race pics from there. I never caught the race bug though. I do love Kustom Kars though..

FB

I have days of Thunder on DVD which I watch almost every week . :lol I also have the Hans Zimmer original score, which is the soundtrack ( not the soundtrack available in stores) but the orchestral background music. Its freakin gorgeous. Anyway, I too live here here in the heart of Nascar ( Charlotte North Carolina area) . Here is a picture of my 1968 SS beside the actual Days of Thunder barn where Harry Hogg ( Robert Duvall) built Coles City Chevrolet Chevy . Its in Mooresville ( where I live) just outside Charlotte.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Hopkinator @ Jul 27 2006, 03:43 PM) [snapback]1288794[/snapback]</div>
I have days of Thunder on DVD which I watch almost every week . :lol I also have the Hans Zimmer original score, which is the soundtrack ( not the soundtrack available in stores) but the orchestral background music. Its freakin gorgeous. Anyway, I too live here here in the heart of Nascar ( Charlotte North Carolina area) . Here is a picture of my 1968 SS beside the actual Days of Thunder barn where Harry Hogg ( Robert Duvall) built Coles City Chevrolet Chevy . Its in Mooresville ( where I live) just outside Charlotte.
[/b]

Oh my

It is the building., I would love to mow and weedeat that place free of cost

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Jul 27 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1288791[/snapback]</div>
The movie is losely based on Wendell Scott. [/b]

Actually bro, it was entirely based on the life of Tim Richmond, who died a while back. Harry Hogg was modeled after Harry Hyde, crew chief, and there were other personalities touched on, none of which were
Wendell Scott. From the site :

"The plot was very loosely based on some real-life NASCAR personalities: Duvall's character was based on crew chief Harry Hyde, Cruise's on Tim Richmond, and Randy Quaid's on a composite of several owners, one of whom was Rick Hendrick"

Rick used to come in my fathers restaraunt. He told Pops that as well.

Here is a pic of Coles car, which is usually at City Chevrolet in Charlotte in the showroom or stored. I took this last year some time. I love that flick. Rowdy Burns will be at Dragon Con this year too.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Hopkinator @ Jul 27 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1288984[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Jul 27 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1288791[/snapback]
The movie is losely based on Wendell Scott. [/b]

Actually bro, it was entirely based on the life of Tim Richmond, who died a while back. Harry Hogg was modeled after Harry Hyde, crew chief, and there were other personalities touched on, none of which were
Wendell Scott. From the site :
[/b][/quote]

I was talking about Greased Lightning with Richard Prior.

I thought of a good idea, maybe I could talk Rick Hendrick the owner of City Chevy to sponsor us if we do our car up just like the one above, he would like that.

Oh,, sorry Franz,, I never even saw that one. Richards movies are hilarious, a comedic icon no doubt.

Id hit him up JMO,, never know, he may like the idea out of sheer nostalgia . All he can do is say no, have you shot by his security team, dismembered and buried on 4 diffrent continents in oil drums full of acid...

I think he may like the idea.

Ya know, you would think Hendrick had a seccurity team, if he does he didnt have them with him one night I seen him at the track.

Matter of fact it was a couple years ago and I was running back to the pit and he was cornering a hauler or trailer he was hanging around and I about knocked him down. He seems to be really nice, I apologized, and went on, to bad I didnt have the idea then

Yeah, first time I saw that car in there I was like,, :eek
I love that freakin movie.
Every time we drive past that barn, either me or my wife say " Imma shape you like a bullet"
Its kinda a ritual now... :confused

Love this film. I have a screen used City Chevrolet pit crew jacket.

Is that car definitely one used in the film, or just a replica? I wonder if City Chevrolet might have any parts of the banged up car? Someone should ask about it...

-Brandon

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back