Darth Vader - 3D model. slightly redesigned.

Geuse

Hi. I have always wanted to create a Darth Vader helmet and I plan to finish this off with pepakura.
I really love the original design for A New Hope, but at the same time wanted to take a stab at changing it up just a bit. I'm prepared to get slammed for this, that's fine :)
I'm mostly changing the sides of his mask, putting in skull details and making it symmetrical aswell, though at the same time, the asymmetry might be a reason what makes it look so cool in ANH. I'm also adjusting his neck guard as you can see. Giving him a little degree of freedom when rotating his head. I'm thinking his neckguard is attached to his body, sort of like Darth Malgus. Actually, I'm planning on using the design for Darth Malgus body suit instead as it just looks cooler imo. Gone with the calculator on his chest.

I have based it off a 3d model I've kept for years that can be found here:
http://www.scifi3d.com/list.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=13
Darth Vader v.4
Not sure which movie this 3D model is based on, but I think it looks pretty good(only the helmet, not the body ;-) )

Any suggestions you have to make him more menacing. Not sure if his helmet and mouth are slanted correctly.
I'm leaning towards removing his tusk cylinders and just adding the metal ends to this model.
Darth_Vader_wip_01.jpgDarth_Vader_wip_02.jpgDarth_Vader_wip_03.jpgDarth_Vader_wip_04.jpgDarth_Vader_wip_05.jpgDarth_Vader_wip_06.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back