Darth Maul

Wolfn

Here is my progress as Darth Maul. MeMaul2.JPGMeMaul4.JPGMeMaul9.JPG

The costume was purchased off eBay but it is a little big in some areas (especially the outer robe and inner tunic which drag several inches along the ground). I'm going to be using a Liquid Stitch to hem these areas a little bit.

The lightsaber is a Darth Maul Ultimate FX which I purchased at Toys R'Us on sale.

I'm hoping to complete it in time for Tampa ComicCon in March. However, I'm thinking this won't be a complete Darth Maul. For example, I wasn't going to do the red and black tattoos on the face. I was planning on shaving the head and just putting plain black tribal tattoos on the face (a-la Nero from Star Trek)

But so far this is what I got.

Looks good…you got the look for sure…I'd go all the way and paint the Maul face

when I did it years ago I just cut some horns off a cheap rubber mask and glued them to my head…don't forget the contact lenses, you'll have to get an eye exam and then you can order them online cheap…it's a must to finish the look

good luck

Looks good…you got the look for sure…I'd go all the way and paint the Maul face

when I did it years ago I just cut some horns off a cheap rubber mask and glued them to my head…don't forget the contact lenses, you'll have to get an eye exam and then you can order them online cheap…it's a must to finish the look

good luck

Well, I already wear prescription contacts for bad vision. I can't wear Darth Maul contacts without being blind.

I'm just going to do facial tattoos on face like Nero from Star Trek.

May I suggest wearing a silicone Darth Maul mask? Frightful Acts makes one. Here's a video of it in action:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I already wear prescription contacts for bad vision. I can't wear Darth Maul contacts without being blind.

I'm just going to do facial tattoos on face like Nero from Star Trek.

Prescription cosmetic lenses, you can get good accurate ones, so you're halfway there if you've already wear them :D

If you get contacts I'd recommend 9mm SFX. I've ordered prescription 14mm lenses from them in the past. I'm not sure about larger ones but the 14mm lenses I ordered they were able to use lenses that worked with my astigmatism. I've used the Wild Eyes brand before. They look as cheap as they cost.

I did a DM costume years ago as well. I cut the horns off a cheap rubber mask and it worked fine for a Halloween.

True, but Ray had to undergo hours of make-up. It really depends on how accurate you want to be, how often you'll use it, and if you're trying to join the 501st etc.
I bought one of those Darth Maul silicone masks and I love it -- when you talk your mouth moves with it, it looks amazing. And when I was done I just pull the mask off and I'm back to normal in 5 secs.
If you're just going to dress up as Maul once only, and if you're keeping the bald look anyway, then you should do the make-up and take your time with it.

True, but Ray had to undergo hours of make-up. It really depends on how accurate you want to be, how often you'll use it, and if you're trying to join the 501st etc.
I bought one of those Darth Maul silicone masks and I love it -- when you talk your mouth moves with it, it looks amazing. And when I was done I just pull the mask off and I'm back to normal in 5 secs.
If you're just going to dress up as Maul once only, and if you're keeping the bald look anyway, then you should do the make-up and take your time with it.

Do they need mold of head? If so, how do I send it to them?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back