Darksider Mask of Shadows 1:1 Sculpt

Uratz

Sr Member
HI Everyone!

Its been a while since I've posted anything so here's a recently completed project of my fav Video Game Darksiders, Mask of Shadows 1:1 Sculpt
Feel free to comment!

"The Mask of Shadows gives War the ability to glimpse into a parallel dimension, allowing him to see things that would otherwise be unnoticed or inaccessible."

darksiders_mask_of_shadows_1_by_michaelloh-d3779an.jpg

This is one mask they don't make but I want badly. Seeing how brutal the design of the mask looks I gotta sculpt it.

Update:

darksiders_mask_of_shadows_2_by_michaelloh-d37g02l.jpg

Worked more on this. Still a lot more to go:
Gotta tweak the textures, fix the eyes, overall refining of textures and forms. I may have to bring out and flatten the forehead part to look like the game concept art.

WIP 3:

darksiders_mask_of_shadows_3_by_michaelloh-d37le6h.jpg

mask_of_shadows_hood_test_by_michaelloh-d37leiu.jpg

Darksiders Mask of Shadows WIP3
raised the forehead
sharpened and raised all the forms
fixed the eyebrows

The eyes and other final tweaks still needed before molding.
The mouth part is wider than the actual mask. Thats because I will sculpt War's Head to make it into a bust.

mask_of_shadows_final_wip_by_michaelloh-d381prs.jpg

The Most Final WIP for this Darksiders Mask of Shadows
The eyes are the same size but not the same shape. I kinda wanted it symmetrical but looking from side angles throws off the eye a little hmm.
maybe I'll keep it as is.

Now to the molding stage - Yikes!

The mold is done. Its cured. I'm patching some little imperfections like air cavities in the side tusks area, 2 air bubbles (oh no!).

adventures_in_molding_by_michaelloh-d387s84.jpg

1st Casting. Slight warpage in the right eye area - warped inwards so u can't really see it from the front.
Lesson learned:
Never rush a casting. Take the time to place the mold inside the mother mold so that the keys lock in place

mask_of_shadows_1st_cast_by_michaelloh-d387s30.jpg

Its DONE! and I am gonna go (Sleep) celebrate Chinese New Year! Happy Year of the Rabbit!

Darksiders Mask of Shadows worn by War to reveal things that aren't easily seen with normal eyes.
It reveals a dimension beyond our own yet occupying the same space and time.

Resin Fiberglass with Light Up EL eyes.

mask_of_shadows_painted_by_michaelloh-d38duq5.jpg

Light up Eyes activated in red. You can see thru the lenses while the lighted eyes are still on.
mask_of_shadows_activated_by_michaelloh-d38duvc.jpg

mask_of_shadows_in_diff_light_by_michaelloh-d38dvtx.jpg

Darksiders Mask of Shadows in Shadow vision.
When you play the game and activate the mask to see the shadow realm everything has an orangy glow to the world including the mask.
This is what I want to simulate with this collectors edition. The eyes has 2 LED's behind it. The resin is semi translucent so it already part of the lighting feature.

mask_of_shadows__shadowvision_by_michaelloh-d38gdxb.jpg

Darksiders Mask of Shadows in Dimly lit conditions with the Lights on. Casting #3

mask_of_shadows___shadow_light_by_michaelloh-d38ge9n.jpg

Feel free to comment!

Thanks for looking!

This is very accurate, I love it. I'm a huge fan of the darksiders series, I'm considering doing something with the mask death wears in the upcoming game.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back