Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - Password in First Post

Re: Darkside501st's Iron Man Mk VII pepakura files - New Image pg 124!

Hi, iam new here. My name is Martin and i from Argentina. Sorry my english is not very good, soo i gonna do my best!

Iam making my first helmet, from the darkside pep files! (Thank you very much!!). I printed all the papers, and then glued to a cardboard. I build all the helmet, and then added the Resin and the fiberglass. But i have a little problem, becuase the files are made for paper, soo when i try to build in carboard some pieces didnt fit well.

Soo i just wanna know, how you pass from this step

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/darkside501sts-iron-man-mk-vii-pepakura-files-new-image-pg-124-photo-.jpg-199118d1371581577

To this one

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/darkside501sts-iron-man-mk-vii-pepakura-files-new-image-pg-124-photo-b.jpg-199119d1371581580

What material is that? Or this one

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/darkside501sts-iron-man-mk-vii-pepakura-files-new-image-pg-124-imag0046.jpg-199392d1371627901

If you know, please tell me!, thats gonna make much more easy the work!. I gonna upload photos of mine when i finish it.

And one more time, sorry for my english! :)

Whoever did the bondo/body filler in that picture did an exponentially better job than I in applying thin, accurate coats lol. Course my helmet needs quit a bit of body work to get proportinate so it would have had thick spots anyway but I'm having to sand like a mad man between applications lol.

Speaking of bondo filler I'm having a little trouble. I've done about 2 solid coats of bondo and I keep getting these "powder patches" in the bondo after it's dried. They're like little holes or divets small as or smaller than a dime that are full of dry power. It's making it almost impossible to sand smooth because they keep popping up in different places as I sand and I end up sanding down to the fiber glass resin. Is that a common/known thing and if so what's causing this? Not enough hardener? Too much?

Last edited:

Hey guys. I just came across a new spray can from Rustoleum about a never-wet coating that (maybe) can be sprayed on the suits to assist in resisting liquids and soluble solids like mustard, ketchup and what not. I'm not a chem expert, but I just thought it would be interesting to have the coat on.

[Edit] Silly me, I forgot the link: NeverWet Arrives - Hands-On Product Demonstration - YouTube

As to the never-wet, its very new and there have been reviews that say to turns things a blue-ish color. I'd wait til the kinks are worked out or there are more reviews on it to prove that it won't mess up all that hard work.

I think that the suits are already resistant to liquids... why wouldn't they be? they are made of resin, fiberglass, filler and automotive paint...
Maybe the filler can have some problems, but as it's coated in many layers of primer, paint and enamel it shouldn't be a problem.

Hey guys. I just came across a new spray can from Rustoleum about a never-wet coating that (maybe) can be sprayed on the suits to assist in resisting liquids and soluble solids like mustard, ketchup and what not. I'm not a chem expert, but I just thought it would be interesting to have the coat on.

[Edit] Silly me, I forgot the link: NeverWet Arrives - Hands-On Product Demonstration - YouTube

3 parts of the abs done. Still one to go!

Attachments

• abspep1.jpg
    abspep1.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 313
  • abspep4.jpg
    abspep4.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 225
  • abspep5.jpg
    abspep5.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 269
  • abspep6.jpg
    abspep6.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 260

Same scale as the cod piece: 27.5. And I'm afraid the lowest parts won't fit. But I'm planning to lose 33 pounds...

My "normal" scale is 24.5 (I guess 25 would be good too).

awsome man :) well everything else at 23 fits so ill try scaleing up to 24 on the cod and abs

hi everyone! new to the scene and cant wait to get started on a suite for myself. cant pm yet and would like to build a mark 7 and wanted to ask darkside 501st if possible to get password for mark7 pep which would be greatly appreciated. seen a lot of great work from members which is inspiring me to want to build one. thanx!

A small tip for people who are in the painting stage of the project. If you are using magnets for keeping parts together, place the AFTER you paint.
I just painted the backpiece of my helmet and there were the magnets are, bright cirkels appearred. The magnets pulls and pushes the metallic powder to those places. As a result that were the strenght of the magnets is highest, the most silver will appear.!

Good look. My paint color was except from the smal bright cirkels really hot! Ill post pictures later.

Here are some pics of the repainted Faceplate. Helmet wil be painted completely this weekend!! I hope.
Hope you like it!Photo 1.jpgPhoto 2.jpg

A small tip for people who are in the painting stage of the project. If you are using magnets for keeping parts together, place the AFTER you paint.
I just painted the backpiece of my helmet and there were the magnets are, bright cirkels appearred. The magnets pulls and pushes the metallic powder to those places. As a result that were the strenght of the magnets is highest, the most silver will appear.!

Good look. My paint color was except from the smal bright cirkels really hot! Ill post pictures later.

Thanks for the tip! I would never have thought of that!

BTW your faceplate looks awesome :)

Thanks for the tip! I would never have thought of that!

BTW your faceplate looks awesome :)

I didn't either. Thats why they appeared! But i will leave i like it is.

Tnx for the compliment. I hope to post the painted helmet sunday!

I would like to thank spartacus1 for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project. Your name has been added to the VIP list and you will get the 2 months access to the V2 files when they are done.

Here's what I have so far :). 20130628_164153.jpg

I'll be redoing the arms in the other foam later on.

I would also like to thank Leosdad for being a big supporter of my work and for your contributions to this project. Your name has also been added to the VIP list and you will get the 2 months access to the V2 files when they are done.

that helmet is sharp looking, I just finished my mark 7 and its too small going to start another one this weekend< ugh!

1017090_476885252392334_657461697_n.jpg

Here's my finished helmet from the files Mike made. :) It's my first complete build and I can see much room for improvement, but I'm very happy with the way it came out. Hope I did your files justice, Mike ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back