Dark Phoenix Cyclops

MunsterMahkus

Hello everyone!,

This will be the start of my post and I guess my process for creating the new Dark Phoenix cyclops suit.
As of now I am sourcing the materials and hope this build process will help anyone else that wants to create either this suit or any of the others since they are all the same.

1. Ref images based on the commercial and figuring out style of jacket.
    x-men-dark-phoenix-costumes-1136233.jpg

It seems that the jacket is based off of a tracksuit jacket or at least that is the closest thing I have been able to find that matches the pattern. I have been having trouble trying to track down the fabric to use in this. I have looked into screenprinted material but that is way to thin for something like this which looks thicker but with some texture on it. I plan on getting tracksuit jacket as base cutting it apart to create new patterns for this suit. If anyone has any ideas on fabric that would help out a lot.

For the visor I will most likely sculpt and cast the one from the last movie in the end scene as it was chrome and I honestly liked that look much better than this one.

Thanks for looking, will be posting updates!

Hello everyone!,

This will be the start of my post and I guess my process for creating the new Dark Phoenix cyclops suit.
As of now I am sourcing the materials and hope this build process will help anyone else that wants to create either this suit or any of the others since they are all the same.

1. Ref images based on the commercial and figuring out style of jacket.
    View attachment 969203
It seems that the jacket is based off of a tracksuit jacket or at least that is the closest thing I have been able to find that matches the pattern. I have been having trouble trying to track down the fabric to use in this. I have looked into screenprinted material but that is way to thin for something like this which looks thicker but with some texture on it. I plan on getting tracksuit jacket as base cutting it apart to create new patterns for this suit. If anyone has any ideas on fabric that would help out a lot.

For the visor I will most likely sculpt and cast the one from the last movie in the end scene as it was chrome and I honestly liked that look much better than this one.

Thanks for looking, will be posting updates!
Theres a relatively low priced china suit on ebay, looks like the same guys who did a lot of the Cap suits on here. Could be a good base to get you a jump on the project. I liked the Apocalypse visor too, I actually just had one modelled for 3d printing, I can send you the link if you want.

I was debating on getting that and using it as well as a base pattern to start with but I am also mocking up patterns at the moment. If that does not work out then I will get that base pattern. Oh wow that would be great if you don't mind! Hopefully this weekend I will make progress on getting some of the pattern set up. I think dimpled fabric is probably the closest I have seen so far for the texture.

I was debating on getting that and using it as well as a base pattern to start with but I am also mocking up patterns at the moment. If that does not work out then I will get that base pattern. Oh wow that would be great if you don't mind! Hopefully this weekend I will make progress on getting some of the pattern set up. I think dimpled fabric is probably the closest I have seen so far for the texture.
you got it man. If you go on Thingiverse, then search "cyclops visor" itll come up. its done by CAKcomedyprops. He may have updated it by now with the buttons and the lens insert. Im not sure but the main body is done which should get you out ahead either way. Ill be watching this build closely! Glad someone other than me has any interest in the movie and the designs[emoji16]

I will be re-updating my visor Thingiverse files to size them down since the original model turned out too big. I will also add the missing pieces then too.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back