Dan's bowcaster - done!

3DImpact

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Another bowcaster joins the party! This was a fast build - took only a week to prep, paint, and put it all together...

IMG_0440_small.jpg

IMG_0463_small.jpg

IMG_0470_small.jpg

IMG_0471_small.jpg

IMG_0481_small.jpg

IMG_0482_small.jpg

Finished today!

IMG_0488_small.jpg

IMG_0489_small.jpg

Dan

Another bowcaster joins the party! This was a fast build - took only a week to prep, paint, and put it all together...

View attachment 1688644
View attachment 1688645
View attachment 1688646
View attachment 1688647
View attachment 1688648
View attachment 1688649

Finished today!

View attachment 1688650
View attachment 1688651

Dan
Nice! What did you use for the coiled cable if you don't mind me asking? I made one myself and used a CB radio one, but not sure if I like it.

Nice! What did you use for the coiled cable if you don't mind me asking? I made one myself and used a CB radio one, but not sure if I like it.

Thanks! For the larger coil that goes around the rear of the scope/barrel mount I used an old audio component coiled cord:

IMG_0538_small.jpg

IMG_0539_small.jpg

The smaller coiled cord that connects to the right-hand greeblie plate is still in work actually. I have one that came with my bag of greeblies and it has the right cord and coil diameters (smaller than the rear coil) but this one is a bit too short and 'plasticy stiff' for my taste so I've got a couple of eBay vintage cords coming soon and I'll update here when I find something that works.

IMG_0540_small.jpg

Markus et al. are probably good resources for what the actual vintage cords were on the screen-used prop...

Dan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back