Dann's Blaster Projects - (Latest) FM ANH Hero Project from Nov 2022

What a wonderful sight!!!!

Can´t get enough of good blaster builds.

p.s.: If you redo the SE14R mount for the OO scope, please keep me in mind. I still need this and messed up the one you sent me, while trying to modify it. :(

So good to see you’re still around, buddy!

I will definitely let you know when I’ve finished the new mount.

In other news, I made a couple small updates to my Greedo gun.

I had modeled and printed some new transcriptor parts and machined a couple new discs a couple years ago, but never got around to actually installing them. Finally replaced the parts last night! I've still not done the cone part for the barrel tip. I don't know why I can't bring myself to do that little detail. Perhaps eventually. I also seem to have forgotten to model the double holes in the stylus brush rods. Actually, I eventually DID add them, but the prints I ended up using were a previous iteration that didn't yet have them. Just another thing I'll have to fix later!
IMG_3975.jpeg
IMG_3976.jpeg
IMG_3977.jpeg
IMG_3978.jpeg
IMG_3979.jpeg
IMG_3980.jpeg

And here’s my decorating progress in the living room of the new house. I’ve still got a TON of stuff to hang up, but I’m pretty much out of room on this wall. I don’t really want to go any higher with the blasters. I guess there’s the far left side, but I’m not sure that corner will stay like that, yet. It’s kind of a weird corner.
IMG_3981.jpeg

Edit: I forgot the other walls in the living room…
IMG_3982.jpeg
IMG_3983.jpeg

And I did a cool bust with some Stormtrooper armor. The old AP helmet is gonna need to get a full repaint, since it’s all yellowed, like an old vintage Stormtrooper action figure.
IMG_3984.jpeg

Last edited:
Just finished a third DL-18. Made a model of the scope and printed it in resin. The plates are 1/8” and 1/16” aluminum. The bomb halves are real, the motor/coil parts are resin castings, and the “marker cap” is from a model I made and is also printed in resin. The cylindrical end cap at the rear is machined aluminum.

I’ll be listing this one in the Junkyard.
IMG_4005.jpeg

IMG_4006.jpeg

IMG_4007.jpeg
IMG_4008.jpeg
IMG_4009.jpeg
IMG_4010.jpeg
IMG_4011.jpeg
IMG_4012.jpeg

And a few group shots of all three.
IMG_4013.jpeg
IMG_4014.jpeg
IMG_4015.jpeg
IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_4017.jpeg
IMG_4018.jpeg

Reworked the scope mount model on the SE-14R. It’s a few mm taller than before, and the cutouts for the scope saddle are modeled into it. Currently working on filling in the knurling on the end caps.
IMG_4024.jpeg
IMG_4025.jpeg
IMG_4026.jpeg

Just finished a third DL-18. Made a model of the scope and printed it in resin. The plates are 1/8” and 1/16” aluminum. The bomb halves are real, the motor/coil parts are resin castings, and the “marker cap” is from a model I made and is also printed in resin. The cylindrical end cap at the rear is machined aluminum.

I’ll be listing this one in the Junkyard.
View attachment 1697812
View attachment 1697813
View attachment 1697814View attachment 1697815View attachment 1697816View attachment 1697818View attachment 1697819View attachment 1697820

And a few group shots of all three.
View attachment 1697823View attachment 1697824View attachment 1697825View attachment 1697826View attachment 1697827View attachment 1697828
Absolutely stunning!!! I'm an idiot for selling mine and i got my base model RO72 for next to nothing. Right when i did, Biff Tannen showed up and slapped me upside the head...lol

I remembered that in some of the Stormtrooper pictures, you can see the spots where another scope was mounted to the side of the dust cover, and there’s some glue residue and maybe some paint that had lifted off.

So I started to add that detail, as well. I’ll have to check the reference pics, but for now I kinda just went from memory.
IMG_4028.jpeg
IMG_4029.jpeg
IMG_4030.jpeg
IMG_4031.jpeg

It’s an FDM print of a Rexim model, Danny.

I can’t recall who modeled it, but I had to do a BUNCH of work to it to get the dust cover separated so it could be put in the “down” position.
It came out wicked dann!

What paint did you use for the Dl-18 grip? I’ve just gotten hold of an Ro-72 myself and was wondering if maybe there was an ArchiveX match.

What paint did you use for the Dl-18 grip? I’ve just gotten hold of an Ro-72 myself and was wondering if maybe there was an ArchiveX match.
For this third one, I used Tamiya Red Brown. I don't remember what I used for the first two, but it's definitely slightly different.

The original model was on Thingiverse several years ago, but it's not there, anymore.

I'd have to look and see if I still have the files. I know I have the barrel files I altered, somewhere, but I'm not sure about all the other parts.

Small update to my E-11.

Made a new set of power cylinders. They’re a mix of aluminum, copper, printed parts and vintage resistors.

IMG_4032.jpeg
IMG_4033.jpeg
IMG_4034.jpeg
IMG_4035.jpeg
IMG_4036.jpeg
IMG_4037.jpeg
IMG_4038.jpeg
IMG_4039.jpeg
IMG_4040.jpeg

When I get a chance, I’m also gonna shorten the magazine a little bit.

The original model was on Thingiverse several years ago, but it's not there, anymore.

I'd have to look and see if I still have the files. I know I have the barrel files I altered, somewhere, but I'm not sure about all the other parts.
Thanks for all of the information love your work!

I remember downloading a file for the SE-14R a few years ago from Thingiverse, could this be the same one?

Edit: hang on, the file didn't attach. Give me a minute.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back