Dalek Caan Opening Video

Rassilon

Hi ya fellow Dalek lovers, this is Dalek Caan, I completed him not that long ago but he has had some upgrade dun lately , I did do a build diary at Project Dalek and will get one here ASAP, but just the see how he opens up I have placed here a youtube video and some specifications

Specification:
Builder: Rassilon1 Translates to (Keith)
Construction:MDF, fiberglass & Aluminum
Ray Gun & Plunger:Manually controlled of Aluminum construction
Power Plant: Flintstone technology located on four swivel 100 diameter Castor's
Eye Movement:12v linear actuator with speed controller with a 20W light
Electrical Power:12vDC with remote access charging.
Voice Modulator: Dartech voice modulator with audio to light with head mounted communications device
Dome Lights:10W globes mounted on Aluminum supports housed in a MDF Moflash cage.
Construction Time: Ongoing development construction with research & development into the field of “Dalekisum”
Features:Remote Access opening device powered by a 4 inch 12v linear actuator with a primary remote controlled 2 min Sound module with a secondary remote controlled 8 prerecorded Sounds module, all housed under the fiberglass dust impregnable Dome, with side mounted dry cell interior lighting.

NSD Caan's "THE OPENING" - YouTube

Attachments

• 8015-dalek-caan-open-stage.jpg
    8015-dalek-caan-open-stage.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
Love it. When I finally get around to building my portable Tardis I need to hit you up for design help. My idea is to build one that can be broken down and put into a van or station wagon.

Yeah sure.
There is a lot of work in that design, I think I will need a team on 10 designers working full time, for about a year, Yeah that should do it,:rolleyes

Good news every body,,, have got more pics of the DOS (Dalek Opening System)

As I do work in the experimental aerospace I have used various mechanical techniques and parts in the DOS, that you would see very much in a landing gear door arrangement. And by that I mean it is based around how a landing gear on a retractable undercarriage aircraft would work.
The best place to see how I made the DOS could be seen at Project Dalek – Rasssilon1’s NSD build.

Last edited:
I see you have your Pu238 Space Modulator installed properly. Very good there. The dual cheek mount looks a tad smallish. I'm surprised you didn't put something a tad more bum friendly in there.

Everything about this dalek is a trade-off and is governed by one part to another, larger seat would mean I would have to compromise some other part so you have to loos a bit there to gain a bit there. The DOS is impressive but there are sacrifices to have by having that type of opening system in a Dalek. 95% of the time he just sits on the corner of the house.
The big test will be next weekend when Caan and I head of to our first ever Sci-Fi Expo, I have been doing some navigational exercises around the house, mainly going around the pool table, the longest I have spent inside has been 10 min, and my Flintstone legs are very mush worn out.

Last edited:
Armageddon Expo Melbourne Australia 2011:thumbsup
The day started like any other day, up at 6am and head for the jug to make coffee, this day in particular was a different day not like your standard weekend, for the first time ever, I am going to a Sci-Fi Expo with my Dalek friend Caan.
I had no idea what to expect, or even what happens at an event like a Sci-Fi Expo, I did do some research on youtube to see what go’s on. And what I may have to contend with, and from what I had seen I came to the conclusion that, there would be some very annoying Doctors that seem to like to give the Daleks a hard time. So with that information and very little to go on we headed of to the Armageddon Expo in Melbourne with two Dalek security staff that also were Dalek helpers.
We arrived at the Expo at about 11:10am and by the time we got a park, assembled Caan, and got an elevator from the underground car park to the event was 11:45am.
From the point we stepped out of the elevator we were mobbed and it did not end till we got back in the elevator at 6:00pm, the Dalek security was constantly working, and by the end of the Dalek day we were stuffed. Nikos Deathy gate crashed Sylvester McCoy's panel to give him the hurry up. Over the 2 day event the expo had 17,000 people though the doors, I have made a youtube video of the event, just to show what it was like. It was a very good crowd and yes there were lots Doctors and Any Ponds.

Armageddon Expo Melbourne 2011 - YouTube

Ah, cute cosplay girls and hot booth girls make any event a success! I loved the bit where you blonged the Doctor on the noggin with your eyestalk. Priceless!

Oh your so rite gotta have that at any Sci-Fi event..:love
I did'nt see him standing that close as I was looking forwored at the time
I would think that every Dalek would like to do that to the Doctor.
I know by the end of the 2 days I felt like doing that, but Caan got one in furst.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back