Dagobah Cave Vader Helmet

Sharpened up that mowhawk. Tomorrow I can fill and sand that flat then start adding drips!
20211127_182653.jpg
20211127_182700.jpg
20211127_182709.jpg
20211127_182715.jpg

You can definitely see them in the second and third reference pictures I posted. It's the little things that make these props so wonderful. But you already know that ;)
I wonder why the original had those drips? Anyone know or have a guess? Rushed paint job on a helmet they knew they were going to destroy anyway?

Stormie1977 I feel like they are intentional, natural paint drips run wider and not as long as these. It feels pretty intentional where they placed the drips as well. Almost like they wanted the melting effect from the blast

Anyone have good leads on a decent Hamill face casting that could be used for these? I might try my hand at sculpting my own but if there are any good ones out there I might try that avenue instead or at least until I replace it with my own sculpt.

saw this a little bit ago. also i know he made afew of these before but Mike warren may have a luke vader face or could possibly make one.

Last edited:
Anyone have good leads on a decent Hamill face casting that could be used for these? I might try my hand at sculpting my own but if there are any good ones out there I might try that avenue instead or at least until I replace it with my own sculpt.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
I wonder why the original had those drips? Anyone know or have a guess? Rushed paint job on a helmet they knew they were going to destroy anyway?

Watching the movie I never thought those were paint drips, I always viewed those as molten Durasteel that was liquified when the faceplate exploded that dripped and dried in the cool Dagobah air.

The drips always appeared intentional to me, added specifically by whoever made the helmet, not paint drips.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back