Cyberpunk Blazer -Deckard Blade Runner Jacket

Egon

Sr Member
Hey all,

I have been working hard on a new project; launching a new line under my business, Karolian Dry Goods Surplus.

Launching with some button downs and belts, the newest project I am working on is the herringbone blazer. I partnered with a menswear manufacturer to complete samples for some trousers, and this really unique blazer.

The goal of this new line is to be able to offer more items to folks, and keep them affordable. Being menswear, I aim to keep everything priced around mid/higher end mall brands.

The pockets are subject to change (we are making the lower pockets a little larger based on this sample) and it just needs the fabric covered buttons attached, but I wanted to launch this project as soon as I could!

But I am thrilled with how the sample looks, and I was able to have the sewists include the amazing yoke/sleeve design!

Attachments

• BF286E2F-FFDF-41AB-B814-E939ECEE83A7.jpeg
    BF286E2F-FFDF-41AB-B814-E939ECEE83A7.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 164
  • 089958D4-C35C-405F-8E72-9A594E9494E9.png
    089958D4-C35C-405F-8E72-9A594E9494E9.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 163
  • 4CE312DB-E92C-4EB1-A93B-6221DE680E58.jpeg
    4CE312DB-E92C-4EB1-A93B-6221DE680E58.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 168
Little bump with some more details on the sample! Should be here next week.

Attachments

• 54AD66F1-42FA-49B3-9BDE-AD1AEB2E2A0B.jpeg
    54AD66F1-42FA-49B3-9BDE-AD1AEB2E2A0B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • C3DA6A5E-EB5E-483B-A950-C05CDACA54D3.jpeg
    C3DA6A5E-EB5E-483B-A950-C05CDACA54D3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
  • 6F0355A4-5394-4AFA-8412-8D86F562832B.jpeg
    6F0355A4-5394-4AFA-8412-8D86F562832B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
Hey all,

Sample is here! Looks great - but making a few changes to some details. I will get photos from my rep before full production begins.

These are pretty expensive to produce, so I can only do a run of 50.

It also looks like I can extend sizing from 38-50

I'm currently in the middle of moving, so I don't have my mannequins handy to take photos. But I should have some this week

Thanks Mitch LaRue !

I am really happy with the details (again I had to sacrifice one part of accuracy for production - these were priced pretty hefty already...my credit card almost melted hah) and I think the fit will be a good cross between screen accurate and slightly more modern for comfort.

The fit is more boxy in the shoulders and chest, with a tighter taper in the rear. So it gets that art-deco look.

The fabric is really nice and soft, with very very little structure. They should fall really loosely out of the box. I am going to see if I can raise up some of the herringbone texture with a few dry runs in the dryer with no heat and a few towels.

I received mine in the mail yesterday, and I've got to say, it's absolutely gorgeous! I've got another Deckard blazer from a different shop, and I can say that the real standouts here are the material and construction. Compared to the other maker, this blazer is a bit softer and the drape is a lot more accurate IMO, not to mention just the fabric in general. The ONLY thing I'd mention as advice is to consider ordering up a size or to get specifics about the coat size before ordering. I generally wear a 38, but ordered a 40, and found that the blazer is somewhat narrow in the midsection. I can button it, but it's tight, and now I have even more reason to keep hitting the gym! Overall, absolutely happy with this piece.

I received mine in the mail yesterday, and I've got to say, it's absolutely gorgeous! I've got another Deckard blazer from a different shop, and I can say that the real standouts here are the material and construction. Compared to the other maker, this blazer is a bit softer and the drape is a lot more accurate IMO, not to mention just the fabric in general. The ONLY thing I'd mention as advice is to consider ordering up a size or to get specifics about the coat size before ordering. I generally wear a 38, but ordered a 40, and found that the blazer is somewhat narrow in the midsection. I can button it, but it's tight, and now I have even more reason to keep hitting the gym! Overall, absolutely happy with this piece.
Glad it arrived safe, and you like it! The waists are definitely a bit tucked - I tried to get that art-deco shape, but with someone with a bit of a gut like me, it definitely gets tight when buttoned! Same with the drape - I only requested structure in the shoulders so they stay nice and loose, and hopefully over time. they'll sag even more.

Unfortunately, it looks like UPS lost 1/3 of the blazers. They *may* pop up after the holiday season, but I am not holding my breath.

That said, all the preorder sizes arrived, but I do not have the 50 on hand, and the numbers in several sizes will be REALLY limited, so grab em while you can as I only have about 30 left!

Just received mine, the blazer looks and feels fantastic. It looks just like I remember from the film and the fabric is spot on. Fits really nicely as well. Really, really happy with it. Now to get myself a good shirt and tie...

Pics please ????

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back