Customized Star Trek Trading Cards

Cmdr.Kerner

Master Member
Hi guys,

some of you might know that I'm spending my annual vacation in Florida in the home of some Star Trek friends from the USS Haven close to Orlando. I really hate to come with empty hands, so a few months before I usually ask them what I can bring them, and usually they say "just bring your smile". Their answer is simply not satisfying to me and this week I had the idea of something special: Customized Trading cards with their pictures, names and more.

Underneath you can see my sources on the left and my version on the right. These trading cards are all from the 1990s and I never collected them

Trading Card Fleet Captain.jpg
Klingon Trading Card.jpg
Trading Card Galaxy Class.jpg

Before I let them print in a copy shop I would like to know a second opinion, so what do you think of them?

Keep on trekking

Dietrich

They look good overall but I think the people could use some work.
The Captains hair and all around edging needs some work and the Klingon could use some contrast to make the image pop.

Getting the image to look good is always hard with low res images.:unsure

They look good overall but I think the people could use some work.
The Captains hair and all around edging needs some work and the Klingon could use some contrast to make the image pop.

Getting the image to look good is always hard with low res images.:unsure

Thanks, I downloaded these pictures from Facebook. On the weekend I already asked my friends for hi-res photos, but without telling them for which purpose I need them.

Dietrich

Supplemental:

Here's one I made for myself:
Cmdr.Kerner.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

here are some pictures from the clear trading card stand. Unfortunately the photographs are a bit dark because I tool them without the flash.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich
100_9089.JPG100_9090.JPG100_9091.JPG

That looks great, Dietrich. It'll keep them from getting damaged in any way.

I'm thinking of getting one made to hold all three of my trading cards :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back