Custom Masks & Bios, Need Some Advice In Making My Own

TitanPredator

ok, I am doing my first build on a Rubies deluxe modified but I want to make my own custom mask, I think I can pull it off since I do have an artistic & creative side however, maybe I've missed it but after you make the clay sculpting how do you proceed to make the mask, from what I've seen you apply latex to the sculpt and let it dry in layers. I want to make sure I do it right the first time so veterans, if you can point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Also I am taking an auto CAD class my next semester of college and I'm thinking I can definetly make a custom bio with our 3-D imaging machine, if not what's the best way you all can recommend me doing it? Thank you for any and all advice

Mask making process

SCULPT - MOULD - CAST

In a basic sum up of it.

1) sculpt you design.

2) Then you make a 2 part mould out of plaster (a mould of the front and then a mould of the back) the two halves must fit together - identity keys can help you make sure that the 2 parts fit together properly and then both sides need to be tightly clamped together.

3) you the cast your mask

As for the bio, I agree with Hannay07 with looking at Gene's thread. Also Gene's thread may not have how to mould and cast a mask, but the method that he use to mould the legs can be convert over to moulding a head sculpt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hYA0zV4qI

This link is for making an Ultracal 30 mould by Tonkers_D a member here on the Lair, though I'm not sure if he is around much. Watch this, then watch it again, I would be surprised if you have any quesitons afterwards.

EDIT: Moderators, I only meant to put a link to this but it has embedded in my post, is their a way around this?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back